Paltalk 19/8/2017

Imam Ahmed al-Hassan a.s the leader of the blessed Black Banners of the East said:
A question to everyone, if an atheist a disbeliever in Allah came to you asking for a drink of water for him and his son, and at the same time a Muslim a believer in Allah came to you asking for a drink of water for himself, and you have only one glass of water, whom would you give it to?
Whoever answers let him take the mic and give the reason.
(A brother answered: "To the atheist, for perhaps it will be a reason for him to believe in Allah".
Another brother answered: "To the atheist, in order that we may let him know Allah and the descriptions/attributes of Allah".
Another brother answered: "I will give the glass of water to the young son, and I will give what remains of it to the father".)
Imam Ahmed al-Hassan a.s. said: Ahsant Ahsant (you have done well, you have done well). Mercy...away from religion, Islam, and conviction...mercy firstly.
Whether he believes or not, it does not matter.
Mercy,
humanity,
O Allah,
mercy, humanity, away from religion.
Do not think whether he will believe or whether he will be affected by your action... Think of Mercy First."
End of his a.s. words

Side Note.

Among the examples of compassion is the following ...

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib's (a.s) behaviour towards his Foes (Enemies)

Talha bin Abu Talha was not only a bitter enemy of Islam, but was personal enemy of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as). His exertions to harm these two and their mission is a legion. In the battle of Uhud he was the flag bearer of the army of Quraish. Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) faced him and in a hand to hand encounter dealt him such a severe blow that he reeled and fell down. Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) left him like that and walked away from him. Many Muslim warriors ran up to Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) and advised him to finish Talha bin Abu Talha, saying that he was Ali's worst enemy, Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) replied:
Enemy or no enemy he cannot defend himself now, and I cannot strike a man who is not in a position to defend himself. If he survives he is welcome to live as long as his life lasts.

Cold Drink for Enemies in Battle of Camel (Jange Jamal)

In the battle of Camel (Jange Jamal) in the thick of the encounter his slave Qambar brought some sweet syrup saying:
My Master the sun is very hot you have been constantly fighting, have a glass of this cold drink to refresh yourself.
Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) looked around himself and replied:
Shall I refresh myself when hundreds of people around me are lying wounded and dying of thirst and wounds? Instead of bringing sweet syrup for me take a few men with you and give each of these wounded persons a cool drink.
Qambar said, My Master, they are all our enemies.
Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) replied: They may be but they are human beings so attend to them.

قال الإمام أحمد الحسن عليه السلام قائد الرايات السود المشرقية المباركة:
‪ سؤال ... للجميع لو اتاك ملحداً كافر بالله يطلب شربة ماء له ولأبنه واتاك في نفس الوقت مسلم مؤمن بالله يطلب لنفسه شربت ماء وانت معك قدح واحد من الماء فلمن تعطيه ؟‬
من يجيب يتفضل يأخذ المايك ويعطي السبب
(أحد الإخوة أجاب: للملحد لعله يكون سبب للأيمان بالله‬.
وأخ آخر أجاب: للملحد حتى نعرفه الله و صفات الله‬.
‪ وأخ آخر أجاب: اني سأعطي القدح للابن الصغير و المتبقي من القدح لأبيه.)

فقال الإمام أحمد الحسن عليه السلام:
احسنت احسنت
الرحمة
بعيداً عن الدين والاسلام والقناعة
الرحمة اولاً
‪ سواء كان يؤمن او لا يؤمن‬
لا يهم
‪ الرحمة‬
الأنسانية
‪ يا الله‬
الرحمة
‪ الأنسانية‬