By Norhan Alquersh
Istikhara is one way of the unseen to know and determine the rightful Successor of Allah swt on His Earth.
The companions of the Black Banners keep saying: "Ask Allah swt about us". But what does the office and its people say? They tell you do not ask Allah swt about the Black Banners because this would be disbelief and doubt! They never once told anyone to ask Allah swt about them! Why? Aren't they claiming to be with the truth? And why are they forbidding the Ansar to ask Allah swt?!

Haven't we been debating non-Ansar and using the Istikhara as a proof for the truthfulness of the call of Imam Ahmed Alhassan a.s?! What has changed now?!

Let's see what those hypocrites themselves said about Istikhara:

Nathim AlUqeili says in his book "AlBalagh AlMubeen":

"O believers, pay attention to the danger of those who cut off the path from the people and make people doubt the ways of guidance which Allah swt has put for the people, and some of the clearest of those ways are the Istikhara and the truthful vision, and a lot other than that, as many as the breaths of creation!

Thirdly: A lot of narrations have been narrated from Ahlul Bayt pbut urging people to turn to Istikhara at the time of confusion and when they do not know guidance and when matters are confusing.

In the will of Imam Ali pbuh to his son AlHassan pbuh: "...and be sincere in asking your Lord, for giving and depriving are in His hands, and make a lot of Istikhara..." Nahjul Balagha p393

The Messenger of Allah sawas said: "If you wanted to seek a good omen (Tafa'ol) by the book of Allah The Almighty, then recite Surat Al-Ikhlas 3 times, then send prayers upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad 3 times, then say "O Allah I have sought good omen by Your Book, and I have depended on You, so show me from Your book that which is hidden from Your saved goodness in Your unseen" then open the book without counting the papers or lines" - Mafatih AlJinan, AlBaqiyat AlSalihat

And many more hadiths other than this, urging people to turn to Allah swt and making Istikhara to Him swt. And it has been narrated that Safwan ibn Yahya AlJammal proved the imamate of Ali son of Musa AlRidha pbuh through Istikhara, and he is from the best companions of Imam Musa AlKathim pbuh and from the closest ones to him. Sheikh AlToosi narrated in his book AlGhayba p54:

From Ali ibn Mo’ath, he said: “I said to Safwan bin Yahya: ‘By what thing have you determined that Ali – meaning [Ali] Al Rida (pbuh) – [is the Imam]?’ He said: ‘I prayed, and supplicated to Allah, and I made Istikhara and became certain that he was him (the Imam)’” (Ghayba Al-Toosi: p. 54)"

This is something from the evidence that Istikhara is a proof. As for the ones who say that Istikhara is not a proof, they do not have an evidence! How could they deny an evidence with no evidence! What is wrong with you, how are you judging
! So whoever says that Istikhara is valid for certain things and not for others, than he is saying this with no basis, so do not listen to him!" End of Nathim's words

Don't Nathim and his likes keep telling the Ansar "your istikhara about the Black Banners is invalid?" What makes them decide that istikhara for the Black Banners is invalid! What are they so afraid of if they are truthful?! Listen to your own words O Nathim!

Indeed Nathim AlUqeili and the other hypocrites of the office are like what Jesus a.s. said:
"Woe to you, teachers of the jurisprudence and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those who are trying to enter to enter!" - The book The Calf by Imam Ahmed Alhassan a.s. P.55"

We say to Nathim AlUqeili: Then what is wrong with you and how are you judging!!! The believers who are raising the Black Banners keep saying "ASK GOD ABOUT US" "ASK GOD IF THE TRUTH IS WITH US" "ASK GOD IF WE ARE CALLING TOWARDS AHMED ALHASSAN PBUH" "ASK GOD IF YOU SHOULD BELIEVE US IN WHAT WE CLAIM" ETC ETC!!! And we have asked God through Istikhara and Alhamdulilah He swt informed us of the truth! But you and the office people never mentioned in your posts that we should ask God about your truthfulness!! Why don't you leave people ask God about who is truthful, us or you!?

Alaa' AlSalem in his book "The objectors at the Caliphs of Allah" page 47 he says:

"Istikhara and the Companion of the Matter:

Another Divine Sign which has a connection to identifying the companion of this matter, but it was belittled by the people, and especially the great ones of the people, and it is the istikhara, the Imams of guidance pbuh have narrated a lot of Hadiths urging [people] to make Istikhara, from those narrations are:

The Commander of the believers pbuh said "The Messenger of Allah sawas sent me to Yemen, so he said to me while giving me advice: O Ali, the one who makes Istikhara does not get confused, and the ones who seeks consult (istishara) does not regret.." - Amali AlToosi V1 P135

It was said to Imam Sadiq a.s.: “Who are the most honorable/noble creations with Allah?” He (pbuh) said: “[Those whom] are engaged most frequently in the remembrance of Allah, and are most obedient to Him.” It was said: “Who are the most hateful creations with Allah?” He (pbuh) said: “Those whom accuse Allah.” It was asked: “And does anyone accuse Allah?!?!” He (pbuh) said: “Yes, those whom do Istikhara and the response comes back with what he hates so he becomes angry/discontent because of that, verily, that is the one who accuses Allah.” Bihar AlAnwar V75 P247

From Abi Abdullah (pbuh):“Whoever enters a matter without making Istikhara, then he gets afflicted, he doesn't get rewarded.” Bihar AlAnwar V88 P223

And from Imam AlSadiq (pbuh): “Allah, the Glorified and Exalted, said: ‘From the Misfortune of my servant is that he does the works and does not make Istikhara to Me).” - Bihar AlAnwar V88 O225[Same Source]."

Alaa AlSalem continues and says:

"Despite of all that, and many other than that from the traditions of the purified ones pbut, the people belittled the Istikhara in terms of it being capable of guiding them and participating in knowing the caller towards the truth today, even though they see the saying of the Commander of the Believer pbuh and how he pbuh determined that one of the way to know his son the Qa'im pbuh is through Istikhara. Sulayman ibn Hallal said"

Suliman bin Bilal narrated to us saying: Ja’far bin Muhammad (Upon them Peace) narrated to us from his father, [who narrated] from him grandfather, [who narrated] from Al Hussein bin Ali (Upon them Peace), saying: “A man came to the Prince of the Believers (Upon him Peace) and said to him: ‘O Prince of the Believers! Tell us regarding this Mahdi of yours!’ So he (pbuh) said: ‘If the cyclists cycle , and the believers became fewer, and the foreign/imported [ones] go away, then there’ So he said: ‘O Prince of the Believers! From who is this man?’ So he (pbuh) said: ‘From Bani Hashem….. until he said: Then he returned to the description of The Mahdi (pbuh) and said: His cave is the most vast, and he is the most knowledgeable of you, and the most merciful of you. O Allah, make his allegiance an exit from adversity , and unite by him the nation, so if Allah chooses for you [through] istikhara then determine [to go to him], and do not turn away from him if you were granted success in [knowing] him, and do not go past him if you were guided to him, ah, and he pointed with his hand to his chest longing for seeing him.” - Ghaybat Al-No'mani page 212."

Then Alaa AlSalem continues and says:

"And it is known that the Commander of the Believers pbuh is speaking about the Mahdi who shall be given allegiance "make his allegiance an exit from adversity", and in fact he is the same whom the Messenger of Allah sawas spoke about when he mentioned the mahdi and described his allegiance and determined his name

Huzaifa said: I heard the Messenger of Allah sawas - and he mentioned the Mahdi, so he said: "Verily he will be given allegiance between the Rukn and Maqam, his name is Ahmed, and Abdullah, and Al-Mahdi, these are his three names" and theese three names are the names of the first Mahdi the vicegerent of Imam Mahdi pbuh and the first believer in him and his son, as mentioned in the holy will."

Then Alaa Al Salem quotes the following hadith to prove that Istikhara is used in matters of belief and that it is absolutely valid to use istikhara to know the Imam. The hadith is about Safwan Al Jamal, and he is from the companions of the two Imams Al Kathim and Al Ridha (pbut), and he became certain, through Istikhara, about the Imamate of Imam Al-Ridha during the Fitna of The Waqifite (The Stoppers). Here is the narration which Alaa AlSalem quoted:

From Ali ibn Mo’ath, he said: “I said to Safwan bin Yahya: ‘By what thing have you determined that Ali – meaning [Ali] Al Rida (pbuh) – [is the Imam]?’ He said: ‘I prayed, and supplicated to Allah, and I made Istikhara and became certain that he was him (the Imam)’” (Ghayba Al-Toosi: p. 54)" - End of Alaa AlSalem words

Consequently, Safwan Al Jamal determined the Imamate of Ali Al Rida (pbuh) through Istikhara

More Istikhara Hadiths:

Narrated from Abi Abdullah (Imam Ja’far As-Sadiq) (pbuh): “Pray two Rakats and make Istikhara from Allah, for by Allah, there has not been a Muslim who asks Allah what is best (by Istikhara), except that He chooses what is best for him.” [Wasa’il Al Shia / Door of Prayer and Istikhara].

And from him (pbuh): “Whomever does Istikhara while being content/satisfied with whatever He chooses, then Allah certainly chooses what is best for him.” [Same source].

And from him (pbuh): “We used to learn how to make Istikhara as we used to learn the chapters from the Qur’an.” Then he said: “If I do Istikhara I do not care on which side I fall.” [Same source].
Last edited by Norhan Alquersh on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
By ansarofallah
JazakAllah Kheir sister Norhan :)

Here is more from the Office in Najaf and from Imam Ahmad Al-Hassan (peace be upon him) himself regarding dreams and Istikharas:

From Al-Mahdyoon:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12#p25

From Ahmad Al-Hassan (peace be upon him) in "Advice to the students of the academic Hawzas and to all those whom seek the truth" regarding Dreams and Visions:

viewtopic.php?f=1&p=26#p26
By Norhan Alquersh
Subhan Allah! I have just seen this part which I did not translate. Now I added it above (the added part is the one is red):

In the first quote from Nathim AlUqeili, where he said: This is something from the evidence that Istikhara is a proof. As for the ones who say that Istikhara is not a proof, they do not have an evidence! How could they deny an evidence with no evidence! What is wrong with you, how are you judging! So whoever says that Istikhara is valid for certain things and not for others, than he is saying this with no basis, so do not listen to him!"

Don't they keep telling the Ansar "your istikhara about the Black Banners is invalid?" What makes them decide that istikhara for the Black Banners is invalid! What are they so afraid of if they are truthful?! Listen to your own words O Nathim!

Indeed Nathim AlUqeili and the other hypocrites of the office are like what Jesus a.s. said:
"Woe to you, teachers of the jurisprudence and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those who are trying to enter to enter!" - The book The Calf by Imam Ahmed Alhassan a.s. P.55
Ha- Houmaza, Calomniateurs.

Salam, Des calomniateurs. Ha-1. Al-Houmazah[…]

L- La Mère des Cités.

Salam, La Montagne des Montagnes. L-6. Il e[…]

Y- Yamani et Yawmiates (Mémoires).

Salam. Des Yamanis. Y-14. Si on revenait au[…]