Love from the words of the Ahlul Bayt a.s.

This forum is dedicated to everything about Religion

Moderator: Shana

rumunzigera99

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his holy family) said:

(Whoever loved Ali, loved me, and whoever loved me, loved Allah. And whoever hated Ali, hated me, and whoever hated me, hated Allah Almighty) - Manaqib Al Abi Taleb: V2, Page 217;

Imam Ali (a.s.) said, ‘Love does not need kinship so much as kinship needs love.
[Nahjul Balaghah, Saying 308]

Imam al Hassan (a.s.) said, 'Whoever knows Allah, will fall in love with Him.'
- Tanbih al-khawatir wa nuzhat al-nawazir, vol.1, p.52.

Al-Husayn Bin Ali (pbuh), said, : ‘O Bishr Bin Ghalib! The one who loves us, not loving us except (for the sake of) Allah, we asws would come together, us asws and him, like these two’ – and he a.s. placed both his asws forefingers together – ‘And the one who loves us asws, not loving us except for the (sake of the) world, so when Al-Qaim a.s. establishes his justice, his justice would extend to the righteous and (as well as) the immoral’.

Imam Zayn al-`Aabidin (AS) said, ‘When Allah, Mighty and Exalted, will bring together the first and the last of people, a caller will rise and call out so that all people will hear. He will say, ‘Where are those who loved each other for Allah’s sake?’ and a group of people will rise, and they will be told to enter Paradise without accounting.’
[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 126, no. 8]

Imam al-Baqir (a.s.) said, regarding the verse of Allah, most High: “He has held fast to the firmest handle” [Qur’an 2:256], said, ‘It is love for us, the Prophet’s household (ahl al-bayt).
[Nur al-Thaqalayn, v. 1, p. 263, no. 1054]

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) said, ‘No sooner do two believers meet than the better of them is he who loves his brother more.’
[al-Mahasin, v. 1, p. 411, no. 937]

Imam al-Kazim (AS) said, ‘Affection towards people is half of intellect.’
- [Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, no. 403]

Imam AIi Al Ridha (pbuh) said: 'Humility is giving to people what you yourself love to be given'

Imam al-Jawad (AS) said, ‘People who perform acts of courtesy towards others benefit more from them than the receptors of their kindness, for verily they have the reward for them, the [rewarding feeling of] pride for having helped someone as well as a mention. So however much good a man may do for others, it ultimately always starts by benefiting himself, such that he never seeks thanks for the benefit incurred by himself through helping others.’
[Kashf al-Ghamma, v.3, p. 137]

Imam al-Hadi (AS) said, ‘He who gives you both his affection and his good opinion is entitled to your giving him your obedience.’
[Bihar al-Anwar, p. 365, no.4]

Imam al-Hasan bin Ali al-Askari (a.s.) said, “The worthiest people of (your) love are those who comfort you.”
rumunzigera99

Lady Fatima has said, “I love three things in this world: To spend in the way of God, recitation of the book of God, and gazing at the face of my father, the Prophet of God.” - Shaykh al Islami, p. 161, hadith no. 93.

"If my Shia knew the intensity of my love for them, they would die from longing to see me.” - Imam Al Mahdi (peace and blessings be upon him)

Return to “Exoteric Religious Studies”