Name religion of muhammed ( Pbuhf)

Here is where we will post all your questions and answers to the Imam a.s

Moderator: Shana

ihassani

Salem alaykom wr wb allahu ma sali ´ala muhammed wa alee muhammed al aimma wal mahdiyeen wa salim taslima.

I have done a lot of research for about 4-5 years on Islam and especially the last two years.

I read from many historians that there was "evidence" which shows that the religion of muhammed was not called Islam, some think that it was called "hanifiya" like that of 'ibrahim. there is no mention of Islam anywhere until about A.D. 87.
which is unfortunately problematic because nowhere is it written even the Byzantines and Christians do not speak of it when he quotes the Arabs of Muhammed.

dear father is it true that the religion of muhammed was not called "islam"? what was her name? and how must have to understand it from now on?
Aba-AlSadiq

Peace be upon you from the Peace,

In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful,

And All Praises due to God, the Lord of the Worlds,

And May He send His Prayers and Blessings upon Mohammed and the Family of Mohammed, the Imams and the Mahdis,

In the Qur'an the name of the religion of Mohammed is mentioned many times as Islam, for example :

إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ الْإِسْلَامُ

Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam.

and

وَمَنْ يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَنْ يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion – never will it be accepted from him

and

وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا

This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.

and

فَمَنْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ أَنْ يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلْإِسْلَامِ

So whoever Allah wants to guide – He expands his breast to [contain] Islam

and there are many other verses...

Aba Al Sadiq

Return to “Q&A with the Imam”