Question on the "HOURIS" in Quran

Here is where we will post all your questions and answers to the Imam a.s

Moderator: Shana

ihassani

Salem alaykom wa rahma tu llah wa barakatuhu.
allahu ma sali 'ala Muhammad wa alee Muhammad al aima wa almahdiyin wa salim tasleema.

sorry if i'm writing badly i'm learning the english language.
I have two questions to ask you which are parallel :

Ya mawlay, I ask myself a lot of questions about paradise in the koran and especially about the houris of paradise because it seems to me contrary to the spiritual paradise that Jesus describes in the new testament and even the old testament.
I searched for a long time on it and I found from some researchers that it is probable that the term houris designates something pure, white, sparkling, and that the word designates the grapes of crystal in paradise.

are the houris of paradise really virgin and young women or are they rather pure and white grapes as can be found in the new testament? thank you for your answer because it will help me a lot.

My second question is this :

While searching, I understood that the term "jannah" in Arabic only means gardens and not paradise (and garden) as many people think and that the term which means paradise in Arabic is "firdaws" (as in the new testament) so maybe the jannah in the quran means the garden of the believers during the reign of the mahdis when they will bring peace and justice? maybe that's why the garden is so well described in the quran and people confuse it with paradise after we die? tell me dear father if this is true because it will help us in our reading of the Koran.
Aba-AlSadiq

Peace be upon you from the Peace,

In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful,

And All Praises due to God, the Lord of the Worlds,

And May He send His Prayers and Blessings upon Mohammed and the Family of Mohammed, the Imams and the Mahdis,

There is an entire chapter on Paradise in the book "Goal of the Wise" and it shall be released soon God willing. You shall find your answers there.

Aba Al Sadiq

Return to “Q&A with the Imam”