The Crucifixion and Ressurection of Jesus (peace be upon him)

This forum announces the appearance of Imam Mahdi

Moderator: Shana

rumunzigera99

These references can be seen from the Retuned series as well as the episode from 'Finding Jesus' titled: The True Story of the Passion of the Christ

The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the tenets of Christianity. Christians nowadays promote that the crucifixion of Jesus was not only prophesized in the Old Testament, but that is was a part of God's plan from the very beginning of the birth of Jesus and without the crucifixion of Jesus, humanity would still be in sin. According to the Christian narrative, Jesus died on the cross and after a few days he resurrected and appeared to his disciples in human flesh.

The Qu'ran on the other hand states in Surah al-Nisa verse 157 to 158,

"And because of their saying, 'We killed Messiah 'Îsa, son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah,' - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not but Allah raised him up unto Himself And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise."

This opposition to the Christian narrative has led Christians to think that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his holy family) was the first to reject the belief that Jesus died on the cross. However this is far from the case.

However, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his holy family) was not the first person to claim that Jesus (peace be upon him) was not crucified.

Transfiguration of Jesus

There was a bishop named Saint Irenaeus, a bishop of Lugdunum (Lyon) and leading Christian theologian of the 2nd century. In his book, 'Adversus haereses' ('Against Heresies)', (Book I, Chapter 24), he said,

"But the father without birth and without name, perceiving that they would be destroyed, sent his own first-begotten Nous (he it is who is called Christ) to bestow deliverance on those who believe in him, from the power of those who made the world. He appeared, then, on earth as a man , to the nations of these powers, and wrought miracles. Wherefore he did not himself suffer death, but Simon, a certain man of Cyrene, being compelled, bore the cross in his stead; so that this latter being transfigured by him, that he might be thought to be Jesus , was crucified, through ignorance and error, while Jesus himself received the form of Simon, and, standing by, laughed at them. For since he was an incorporeal power, and the Nous (mind) of the unborn father, he transfigured himself as he pleased, and thus ascended to him who had sent him, deriding them, inasmuch as he could not be laid hold of, and was invisible to all."

Source: https://archive.org/stream/SaintIrenaeu ... e_djvu.txt

Clearly from this Greek bishop, who was neither a pagan, Muslim, or a gnostic and is recognized as a saint by the Catholic Church and in the Eastern Orthodox Churches, is stating that Jesus did not die on the cross and that someone else took his place. This is just one of many proofs.

And if there are those whom classify this as a supposed 'theory' and that the words of Saint Irenaeus contradict the Bible, then the early church fathers, the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and the the Catholic Church should have clearly exposed him hundreds of years ago. But this is not the case at all. If this theory was so false and opposed the Bible, then numerous scholars would have written articles exposing this "theory".

The truth of this matter is when Jesus fell and Simon of Cyrene was commanded to carry the cross for Jesus, at that moment there was a transmigration in which the soul of Jesus went into the body of Simon of Cyrene and the soul of Simon went into the body of Jesus. Therefore it was the physical body of Jesus who hung on the cross, but with the soul of Simon. This concept is better known as transfiguration.

Now, there are those who might say, 'how is possible that the soul of Jesus can enter another body without death?' Well if we look into the Gospels, we will find that on three occasions, the disciples were not able to recognize that Jesus was with him.

However let us investigate how many times Jesus meet with any of his disciples after the crucifixion?

According to the book of Matthew chapter 28:
1. Jesus meet Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in verses 8-10
2. and the eleven disciples in verse 16-20

According to the book of Mark chapter 16:
1. Jesus first appeared to Mary Magdalene
2. then two of the disciples
3. and then to eleven of the disciples

According to the book of Luke chapter 24:
1. Jesus appeared to two of them but they could not recognize him
2. and then to the other eleven disciples

According to the book of John chapter 20:
1. Jesus appeared to Mary
2. then to the disciples excluding Thomas
3. and then appears to Thomas.

However, in chapter 21, Jesus appeared to at least 7 disciples including Thomas and Simon Peter by the Sea of Galilee but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

Therefore, Jesus was not recognizable to his disciples on three different occasions:
1. with Mary Magdalene in John 20:11-18
2. with two disciples in Luke 24:13-35
3. to at least 7 of the disciples in John 21:1-14

What is strange is that in John 20:24-29, Jesus meet Thomas, yet in the next chapter, Thomas is not able to recognize him. This also applies to other disciples as well.

We must ask ourselves, how can the disciples not be able to recognize Jesus?
We cannot say that Jesus appeared to them as a spirit and not in human form because in Luke 24:42-43, Jesus ate broiled fish in front of the disciples. We cannot say that Jesus changed his clothes or trimmed his hair because you can still recognize someone even if that is that case. Plus we are talking about disciples whom have known Jesus for several years. Therefore, there is no way the disciples were not able to recognize Jesus unless Jesus appeared in different bodies at each encounter.

And this is such in the gospels of the Bible, if we look at the Gnostic gospels, we will find much more evidence of Jesus appearing in different bodies while the disciples were not able to recognize him.

Therefore, since we have proven that Jesus had the ability to appear in different bodies without any of the disciples being able to recognize him, there aught to be no contradiction when we say that Jesus was in the body of Simon of Cyrene before the crucifixion, and the biggest proof is that when Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene as a gardener, at first she thought that she was speaking to a man, but it was only at that moment when Jesus said to her 'Mary' that she was able to realize that it was Jesus and that was due to her faith.

Therefore, if Mary and the other disciples were not able to recognize that the soul Jesus went to another and therefore they were no longer crucifying Jesus, but someone else, how can the Roman soldiers and Jewish priests realize that they were no longer crucifying Jesus.

We must remember that according to the perspective of the disciples, Roman soldiers, the Jewish priests, and everyone that was present during the crucifixion, since they say the physical body of Jesus being whipped, beaten, and hung on the cross, they therefore believed that it was Jesus who died on the cross, however this was not the case at all.

Did Jesus Really Die on the Cross?

Another proof that exists to show that Jesus did not die are the two thieves that was crucified beside Jesus.

We read in Luke 24:40-43 were it says,

"But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

The last sentence is the most important. Again it says, Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Christians use this as a proof that Jesus indeed died on the cross. However there is one problem with this notion. When Jesus meet Mary Magdalene after the crucifixion, in John 20:17, "Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’

If Jesus indeed died on the cross and went to Paradise according to Luke 24:43, then why did Jesus say to Mary Magdalene, 'for I have not yet ascended to the Father'?

Note: Many Christians believe that when Jesus died, his Spirit went to the Father in heaven, and then returned to be clothed in the resurrection body, in which he appeared to the disciples over a period of 40 days before the ascension. But if this is the case, again, why would Jesus say, 'for I have not yet ascended to the Father'?

Was Jesus Afraid of Death?

There is one issue that we must cover and that is the reason why prayed at the Garden of Gethsemane. We read in Matthew 26:36-43, Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

Many Biblical scholars have interpreted the phrase, 'may this cup be taken from me' as the torture and agony he would have to face until he would be crucified. Now is Jesus supplicating to God to escape being crucified simply because he is afraid of dying or is there another reason?

We must remember that Jesus was the Spirit of God and had such high rank and certitude that he was not afraid of death, better yet he had the power to take his own life. We read in John 10,

"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." - John 10:17-18

Therefore, if Jesus can only be slain if he choses, how is it possible that he is afraid of dying via crucifixion. There must be another proper reason why Jesus did not want to be crucified.

We must realize one important aspect of Jesus' mission. We all know that Jesus is indeed the Messiah (excluding the Jews) and that the main goal of the Messiah is that he must rule the world and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth. However, Jesus' ministry only lasted approximately 3 years and since his disciples were not able to properly protect him, his ministry was cut short and for this reason, Jesus asked God that he be not crucified.

Korddad

Masha Allah it a Great Proof
disciple

I find very hard to define transmigration, I imagine it as shapeshifting only in reverse way
There in no might or power except God the Allmighty
AdamSterling

I imagine it like the soul changing clothes. Just as easily as breath moves into and out of the body. Because he a.s. was not attached to the flesh through carnal desire so too was he a.s. literally not attached to the flesh
Allahuma salli ala Muhammad wa ahle Muhammad al aimma Wal mahdieen Salim tasleema

Return to “The Call of Imam Mahdi”