In the Name of Allah The Abundantly Merciful The Intensely Merciful All praises belong to Allah the Lord of the Worlds O Allah send Your Prayers upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad the Imams and the Mahdis.

Assalamu alaykum WaRahmtullah WaBarakatuh dear brothers and sisters.

In tonights session we will talk about the soldiers of light VS the soldiers of darkness: Humbleness VS Arrogance.

"Truly Allah knows what they hide and what they manifest; surely He does not love the proud." (The Holy Quran 16:23)

Arrogant people say they believe in humility but their life says they believe in arrogance. Humility speaks the truth. Humble people strengthen. Arrogant people use. If you plant humility, you will reap greatness. If you plant pride, you will reap destruction.

Jesus (a.s) said, "With humbleness wisdom is established but not with arrogance. Just as plants grow in plain and soft grounds but not on the hard grounds and rocks."

"(O Prophet Muhammad) give good news to the humble, whose hearts tremble with awe at the mention of God, who endure adversity with patience, who establish regular prayer, and who spend in charity out of what we have given them." (The Holy Quran 22:34-35)

Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. (The Holy Quran 49:13)

The Prophet (pbuhap) said, “He who is humble for the sake of Allah by a degree, Allah will elevate him one degree, until he reaches the highest degrees and he who is arrogant toward Allah, Allah will lower him one degree until he reaches the lowest of low degrees.”

Humility Of Imam Ali (a.s):

It is reported that Amir'ul-Mu'minin (a.s) was seen purchasing dates worth a dirham. Then he placed the dates on a cloth and began to lift them. When the narrator offered to carry them for the Imam he said, “The father of the children is more deserving to lift this load.” By this action the Imam intended to offer a lesson for his followers that they must not feel ashamed to perform any chore connected with the house and family.

It is also narrated that Imam Ali (a.s) was seen holding a cane in his hand ushering people in the market and guiding those who had lost their way. He also helped people lift heavy loads and all the time recited the following verse of Quran:
"That home of the Hereafter We assign to those who do not desire exaltedness upon the earth or corruption. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." (The Holy Quran 28:83)

Then he said that this verse is regarding the powerful people.

Again it was narrated that Imam Ali (a.s) was among the crowd of date-vendors. A slave maid was weeping and the Imam asked her why she was weeping. She said that she had purchased a dirham worth of dates for her owner but he has returned the dates and the date-seller was not taking it back. The Imam told the shopkeeper that she was a mere servant and she had no say in the deal. So he must accept the returns and reimburse the money. But the shopkeeper pushed the Imam aside and refused to listen to him. Someone asked angrily, “O man! Do you know who it is?” “No,” he replied. “He is Amir'ul-Mu'minin (a.s).” When the shopkeeper heard this, he at once accepted the dates, repaid the money and began to implore the Imam to forgive his behaviour and not remain displeased with him. The Imam said, “I can only remain happy with you if you give full measure and do not misbehave with the customers.”

The Prophet (pbuhap) said, “Allah revealed to me that we should be humble amongst ourselves and none should show arrogance toward others.”

Imam Ali Al-Reza (a.s) says that a pious person from Bani Israel offered intense prayers for forty years. Then he offered a sacrifice to Allah (swt) that was not accepted. The person was disconsolate with sadness for his failure. He cursed his psyche blaming it for his failure. He received a Revelation that blaming his psyche and accepting the shortcomings pleased Allah (swt) more than the prayers spread over the long period of forty years. For this reason Allah (swt) accepted his long years of penance.

Imam Mohammed Al-Baqir (a.s) says that two persons entered the mosque. One was pious and the other a transgressor. When they emerged from the mosque after the prayer, the transgressor was pious and the person with piety had turned a transgressor. The reason was that the pious person came out of the mosque with pride at his piety and the transgressor was penitent at his past misdeeds.

“God inspired Moses (a.s): whenever you come to Me supplicating, bring with you one from whom you are better. Moses (a.s) did not dare to say he was better than others. Therefore he stopped finding such a person among human beings and began to search among animals till he came across a mangy dog. He said to himself: I will take it with me. He put a rope round its neck and pulled it behind him. On the way he untied the rope and set the dog free. When Moses (a.s) reached the supplication site, God said to him: O Moses! Where is man We had ordered you to bring? Moses (a.s) said: O God! I could not find it. God said: By My glory, even if you had brought one person, I would have erased your name from the book of prophets.”

So here we have this story of Moses (a.s) in which he was humbled, as Allah (swt) said had he brought that dog along with him he would've been removed from the book of prophets. SubhanAllah, a mistake like this we might harmfully deem as small when in reality it could cause a serious chain of events.

Hasan bin Jaham asked Imam Ali Al-Reza (a.s) what was the standard of humility and what was its nature? Imam (a.s) replied: There are some grades for humility one of them is that a person should understand his value and do everything according to that. Rather he should come down a little bit with perfect consciousness. He should like for others only those things that he likes for himself. If someone is bad to him he reciprocates with goodness and he must swallow his anger and forgive the people. Allah (swt) certainly like those who do good.

So this is going back to forgiveness opposing revenge, Imam Ali Al-Reza (a.s) says we must forgive and reciprocate with goodness.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuhap) says: "Even if you do not commit any sins, I fear that you may fall into something which is worse: pride! pride!"

I asked Abu ‘Abd Allah (Imam Al-Sadiq) (a.s) as to the lowest degree of ilhad (apostasy). He answered, “Verily kibr (pride) is its lowest degree.”

“Enter the gates of Hell to abide therein, and (indeed) what an evil abode of the arrogant!” (The Holy Quran 40:76)

The downfall of Iblees (l.a):

Iblis, was of the jinn, and worshipped Allah (swt) for 6000 years, and for that was raised to worship Allah (swt) with the angels. Allah (swt), of course knew satan's worship was mixed with arrogance and self conceit. The story of Shaytan's (l.a) downfall is in the Holy Quran Surah Al A'raf (the heights) Verse 12-18. It goes as follows;[

Allah] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay." [Allah] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased. [Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected." [Allah] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved." [Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path. Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]." [Allah] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together." (The Holy Quran 7:12-18)

Shaytan (azazeel) (l.a) used to pray a lot and even used to give lectures to the angels. One day there was a notice in the heavens which said that someone was going to be ordered out of the heavens. All the angels were worried because they thought it might be one of them. They all went to Jibreel (Gabriel) who was one of the most important angels to ask him, whether he could do anything. Jibreel (Gabriel) said he too was worried because it might be himself. Jibreel (Gabriel) suggested that they go to Azazeel because he was very clever.

Azazeel told them not to worry at all, he would pray to Allah (swt) for all of them. He forgot himself thinking he was the best and it could never be him. As a result of overconfidence and pride, he became the cursed Satan and he was ordered out of heaven.

Imam Musa Al-Kazim (a.s) says: "O Son! Don't delay in offering your prayers. Nor should you be overconfident of the acceptance of your prayers and feel proud of your efforts at piety. We cannot offer prayers and obedience to Allah commensurate with His Blessings."

As human beings and believers, we need to ensure that we do not repeat the sin which resulted in the fall of Satan - we need to all see each other as equals, and not be judgmental or proud of things such as skin colour, tribal affiliations, language, place of birth, economic worth, social status.

After all, Imam Ali (a.s) said: "People are of two types - they are either your brothers in faith or your equals in humanity."

The Prophet (pbuhap) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, the arrogant will be gathered like ants in the form of men. Humiliation will overwhelm them from all sides. They will be driven to a prison in Hell called Bawlas, with the hottest fire rising over them, and they will be given to drink of the juice of the inhabitants of Hell, which is teenat al-khabaal.”
The Prophet (pbuhap), said: “He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of arrogance shall not enter paradise.”
Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (a.s) who cites Holy Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (pbuhap) in a tradition in which Prophet Moses (a.s) asks Satan. "Tell me about the sin which, when a son of Adam commits, you overtake him." Satan replied, "It is when he is proud of himself, thinks too much of his good deeds and his sin looks small in his eyes." It is known that when Satan overtakes someone, the result will be more sinning.

Imam Ali (a.s) says: I wonder at the arrogance of a haughty and vain person. Yesterday he was only a drop of semen and tomorrow he will turn into a corpse. Also, it is astonishing if son of Adam is proud, when his beginning is a sperm and his end is a decaying corpse (dead body).

Arrogance= destination Hell fire:

"Three years after having been appointed as a prophet and with only a handful of people having accepted Islam, it was revealed to The Holy Prophet (pbuhap): "Openly proclaim your Prophethood and disregard the ridicule and troubles from the polytheists, for We shall protect you from their evils."

One of the opponents was Walid ibn Mughairah. Once, Jibreel (Gabriel) the divine Archangel, was with The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) when Walid happened to pass by. Seeing him, Jibreel (Gabriel) asked The Holy Prophet (pbuhap): "This Walid ibn Mughairah, is he of those who ridicule you?"

When The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) replied in the affirmative, Jibreel (Gabriel) pointed towards Walid's foot.

Walid continued walking until he reached the place where a person from the tribe of Khuzaah was engaged in sharpening arrows. Walid stepped on the sharp splinters and chippings lying on the ground, some of which penetrated into the heel of his foot. His heel was badly bruised as blood began to flow. Walid's pride prevented him from bending down and plucking the splinters out of his heel. On reaching his home, he heaved himself into a chair and dropped off to sleep while his daughter slept on the floor beside the chair.

Meanwhile, the blood gushed out so profusely from Walid's wound that it reached the mattress of his daughter who woke up from her sleep. She asked her slave-girl why she had not shut the lid of the water-skin.

Walid explained, "This is not the water from the water-skin. It is the blood of your father."

He then dictated his will and left this world - departing for Hell.

''Do not walk proudly on the earth; your feet cannot tear apart the earth nor are you as tall as the mountains.'' (The Holy Quran 17:37)

''Do not scornfully turn your face away from people. Do not walk around puffed-up with pride; Allah does not love arrogant and boastful people.'' (The Holy Quran 31:18)

The Humility of the Rich and the Pride of the Beggar for the pleasure of Allah (swt):

Amir ul-Mu’minīn ‘Ali (a.s.) says: "It is good for the rich to show humility before the poor to seek reward from Allah, but better than that is the haughtiness of the poor towards the rich with trust in Allah." Nahjul Balagha saying 406

It is mentioned in the book Layalil Akhbar that one day a rich man came to The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) dressed in expensive clothes and sat down in the assembly. After that a beggar dressed in tattered clothes arrived and sat next to the rich man. The rich man pulled away his dress and moved away a little bit. The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) asked if he was worried that his poverty may reach him. The rich man said, “No!” The Prophet (pbuhap) asked him if he feared that his wealth will decrease and reach that beggar? ‘No’, he said. The Prophet (pbuhap) asked him if he had moved away fearing his clothes will become dirty?” Again he replied in the negative.

“Then why did you behave like that?” asked the Messenger of Allah (pbuhap). He said, “My natural tendency is to regard every good deed as bad and every evil deed as good but now I reform myself. I wish to give half my wealth to this poor person.” The Holy Prophet asked the pauper if he would accept it. The pauper refused saying that he feared he might also fall into pride like the rich man. It must be borne in mind that arrogance towards the rich is only with respect to riches. As far as faith is concerned, we have to be just as humble to a believing beggar as to a believing rich man.

"Remember your Lord in yourselves with humility and in private without announcing it in the mornings and evenings, and do not be among the heedless." (The Holy Quran 7:205)

Allaahumma salle ala Muhammad wa Ale Muhammad al Aemma wal Mahdyeen wa salem tasleeman Katheera

Salam, Des bannières pour tous les peuples. […]

Q- Le Mahdi dans le Coran.

Salam, Le Qoraychi. Q-27. Nous avons vu que[…]

M- Deux Messies.

Salam, Qoraych. M-14. Mahdi est Korèsh (Qora[…]