In the Name of Allah The Abundantly Merciful The Intensely Merciful All praises belong to Allah the Lord of the Worlds O Allah send Your Prayers upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad the Imams and the Mehdis.

Assalamu alaykum waRahmtullah waBarakatuh dear brothers and sisters in tonight's session we will talk about the soldiers of light VS the soldiers of darkness. The next being:

Repentance versus Persistance (in sin):

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The scribe on the right is trustworthy over the scribe on the left. When a person does a good deed, he records it immediately. When a person does a bad deed, he says to the scribe on the left: Stay your hand for six hours. If the person seeks forgiveness from Allah, then he will not write it. Otherwise, it will be recorded as a single bad deed.”

Abu ‘Abd Allah (a.s) says: ‘When a servant turns to God with sincere repentance (tawbatan nasuhan), God loves him and covers him (i.e. his sins) in the world and the Hereafter.’ I said, ‘And how does He cover him? ‘The Imam (A) replied, “He makes the two angels (assigned to write his deeds) forget that which they have written of his sins. Then He inspires his bodily members (saying), “Do conceal his sins,” and He inspires the earth’s places (saying), “Conceal the sins that he used to commit over you.” Then he meets God, at the time that he meets Him, in such a manner that there is nothing to give witness against him regarding any sin.”

“I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) say: Allah stated: O son of Adam! I will forgive your sins no matter how many you have committed irrespective of their greatness as long as you pray to me and you expect forgiveness from me. O son of Adam! I will forgive you even if your sins are so many as to fill the skies if you ask forgiveness from me. O son of Adam! If you come to me with so many sins as to fill the earth, I will welcome you with so much mercy as to fill the earth if you have not associated partners with me.”

Prophet Muhammad narrated: "He who repents of a sin is like him who has committed no sin."
Except (he) who repents and believes and does righteous deeds, then (for) those Allah will replace their evil deeds (with) good ones. And is Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Holy Quran 25:70)

They are also the ones who- when they have committed a shameful deed or wronged themselves (through any kind of sinful act), immediately remember God and implore Him to forgive their sins – for who will forgive sins save God? – and do not persist knowingly in whatever (evil) they have committed (The Holy Quran 3:135)

Imam Baqir (a.s) “Every believer shall receive the punishment for the sin that he has committed except that he repents for it. And when he is repentant and discontinues the sin he will be eligible for intercession. And one who is not repentant for his sin is one who is persistent on it and one who is persistent is not eligible for salvation. Because actually he has no faith in that which Allah has promised. If at all he had believed in Allah’s promise he would have been repentant.” Wasa’il ul-Shia Vol. 11 page 266

The forgiving nature of The Holy Prophet (pbuhap):

Prophet Mohammad (pbuhap) was all for forgiveness and no amount of crime or aggression against him was too great to be forgiven by him. He was the complete example of forgiveness and kindness.

He always repelled evil with good, for in his view, an antidote was better than poison. He believed and practiced that love could foil hatred and aggression could be won over by forgiveness. He overcame the ignorance of the people with the knowledge of Islam, and the folly and evil of the people with his kind and forgiving treatment.
With his forgiveness, he freed people from the bondage of sin and crime, and also made them great friends of Islam. He was an exact image of the following verse of the Quran

"The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with what is better then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend." (The Holy Quran 41:34)

The Jewish woman:

The prophet used to walk in the same street every day. As he did, there was a Jewish woman who would throw rubbish on him every time he walked past her house. The prophet (pbuhap) didn't react but he would merely put his head down and keep walking every time she did this. One day he was walking past her house and noticed that she wasn't there throwing rubbish on him. So he was concerned and inquired about her. On finding that she was ill, the holy prophet (pbuhap) went to her home and did some of her housework for her because he knew that she'd be unable to do it herself due to her illness. He then visited her and wished her well. The lady was so impressed at the immense kindness he had shown her after the way she treated him, that she professed shahada and became Muslim.

This story alone teaches us many lessons and shows us about the character of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuhap). Apart from his forgiving nature, it shows that he was not violent in the least, it reveals the kind and respectful way he treated not only a non-Muslim but a female non-muslim, that he was not too proud to undertake housework and did not see it as taking from his 'manhood', and that he saw visiting the sick and helping them as his duty.

Ahlul-Bayt's (a.s) Forgiveness:

The Messenger of Allah (pbuhap): Our (Ahl al-Bayt's) manliness is in forgiving the one who has oppressed us and granting to the one who has refrained from us.

Abd Allah said: It is as though I am looking at the Holy Prophet (pbuhp) who was a prophet among the prophets whose folk used to beat him and injured him and while wiping blood off his face prayed to Allah! Forgive my folk as they know not.

Al-Imam al-Baqir (a.s) said: There was a Jewish woman who had poisoned a sheep's flesh for the Holy Prophet (pbuhap) was brought to him. The Holy Prophet (phuhap) told her: What caused you to do that? She replied: "I told myself if he is truly a prophet this will not harm him and in case he is a sultan I have thereby liberated people from him. Imam Al-Baqir (a.s)says: The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) forgave her.

Al-Baladhuri in Ansab al-Ashraf: When Ali (a.s) triumphed over the Jamal people [the people who fought against Imam Ali (a.s) near Basra], he stood up and delivered a sermon as follows: O people of Basra! I forgive you. However, do withdraw from sedition as you are the first people who broke the allegiance and dispersed the united Ummah.

Imam al-Sajjad (a.s): I entered upon Marwan ibn al-Hakam. He said: When triumphed, I found no one nobler than your father. He was the one who chased us in the Battle of Jamal and his herald was calling out: No fugitive will be killed and no wounded will be killed by us.

Imam al-Baqir (a.s): Upon being stuck by ibn Muljam, Ali (a.s)said about him: Give him food and drink and treat him kindly in his captivity; if I live on, I will have the option to either forgive him or take revenge on him; but if I die and you kill him, do not mutilate him.

Prophet (pbuhap) said: "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.'"

Ali ibn Abi Talib (a.s) said, “A trial is not sent down except due to a sin, and it is not lifted except with repentance.”
A man came to Ibn Abbas and he said, “Is there repentance for one who kills a believer?” Ibn Abbas said, “No, there is nothing but Hellfire.” After the man left, those sitting nearby said to him, “What is this? You have given us two different judgments, for earlier you judged that whoever killed a believer may have his repentance accepted. What is the matter today?” Ibn Abbas said, “Indeed, I suspect he was an angry man intending to kill a believer.” Later they followed the man and found that it was true.

Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (a.s) said: "If the sins of a believer were as much as the sand in the desert of the froth of the sea, Allah would forgive them all; but do not become bold (in sinning, mistaking His mercy for weakness)."

The man who killed 100:

“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He asked the people to guide him to the most knowledgeable person in the world. They told him to go see a certain monk. So the man went to the monk and told him that he had killed ninety-nine people. He then asked if it were possible for him to repent. The monk said “No,” so the man killed him as well, bringing the total to one hundred.

He again sought after the most knowledgeable person on Earth. He was directed to a scholar. told him that he had killed one hundred people and then asked if it were possible for him to repent.

The scholar replied: “Yes. What stands between you and repentance? You better go to such-and-such a land. There are people devoted to prayer and worship, and you should worship along with them. You should never return to your country, since it is an evil land for you.”

So he went off to find that land, and he had hardly covered half the distance when death overtook him. This brought on a dispute between the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment. The angels of mercy said: “This man has come penitent and remorseful to Allah.”

The angels of punishment said: “He has never done anything good at all.”.

Then another angel came in the form of a human being in order to decide between them. He said: “Measure the distance between where he fell and the land from which he departed, as well as the remaining distance to his destination. Find out which land he is nearest to. That is where he belongs. They measured both distances and found him to be nearer to his destination, so the angels of mercy took possession of him.

Bani israel and the drought:

It was narrated that in the days that Musa (a.s) wandered with Bani Israel in the desert an intense drought befell them. Together, they raised their hands towards the heavens praying for the blessed rain to come. Then, to the astonishment of Musa (a.s) and all those watching, the few scattered clouds that were in the sky vanished, the heat poured down, and the drought intensified.

It was revealed to Musa (a.s) that there was a sinner amongst the tribe of Bani Israel whom had disobeyed Allah (swt) for more than forty years of his life. Let him separate himself from the congregation, Allah (swt) told Musa (a.s) Only then shall I shower you all with rain.

Musa (a.s) then called out to the throngs of humanity, There is a person amongst us who has disobeyed Allah for forty years. Let him separate himself from the congregation and only then shall we be rescued from the drought. That man, waited, looking left and right, hoping that someone else would step forward, but no one did. Sweat poured forth from his brow and he knew that he was the one. The man knew that if he stayed amongst the congregation all would die of thirst and that if he stepped forward he would be humiliated for all eternity.

He raised his hands with a sincerity he had never known before, with a humility he had never tasted, and as tears poured down on both cheeks he said: ''O Allah, have mercy on me! O Allah, hide my sins! O Allah, forgive me!''

As Musa (a.s) and the people of Bani Israel awaited for the sinner to step forward, the clouds hugged the sky and the rain poured. Musa (a.s) asked Allah (swt), O Allah, you blessed us with rain even though the sinner did not come forward. And Allah (swt) replied, O Musa, it is for the repentance of that very person that I blessed all of Bani Israel with water.

Musa (a.s), wanting to know who this blessed man was, asked, Show him to me O Allah! Allah (swt) replied, O Musa, I hid his sins for forty years, do you think that after his repentance I shall expose him?

Persistance in sin:

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s) saying: “By Allah! As far as a person continues to sin, Allah does not accept any of his worship acts.

Imam Sadiq (a.s), “A smaller sin which is committed again and again is a greater one. And a greater sin for which one repents doesn’t remain greater.”

Messenger of Allah (swt) says: “One of the signs of wretchedness is repeating a sin.”

Imam Ali (a.s) says, “Beware of persistence on sins, for it is the greatest of the greater sins and a serious crime.” Ghurarul Hikam Vol. 1 page 151

That is, if one commits a Greater sin and repents sincerely there is no punishment for it. But if one does a smaller sin again and again, it assumes the form of greater sin.
Abu Basīr says that I heard Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s) saying: “By Allah! As far as a person continues to sin, Allah does not accept any of his worship acts.” al-Kāfi Vol. 2 page 288

“If you shun the great sins which you are forbidden, We will do away with your small sins and cause you to enter an honourable place of entering.” (Surah an-Nisa’ 4: 31)

Imam Ali (a.s) says: “Beware of persistence on sins, for it is the greatest of the greater sins and a serious crime.” Ghurarul Hikam Vol. 1 page 151

Imam Ali (a.s) has also said: “The greatest sin is one that the doer repeats again and again.” Ghurarul Hikam Vol. 1 page 203

The Holy Prophet (pbuhap) says: “One who is laughing (happy) while committing a sin will enter Hell weeping.
He (pbuhap) also said, “Four things regarding sins are more severe than the sin itself: considering the sin small, being proud of it, being happy about it, being persistent in it.”

“A smaller sin which is committed again and again is a greater one. And a greater sin for which one repents doesn’t remain greater.” al-Kāfi Vol. 4 page 288

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s) has also quoted the following tradition: “I swear by Allah! Worship and obedience of one who persists in sin is not accepted.”

Allah (swt) will remit the smaller sins of those who abstain from greater sins and do not consider their smaller sins, small.

Imam Ali (a.s) says: “The greatest sin is one, the doer of which considers it little.” Wasa’il ul-Shia Vol. 11 page 246

Imam Baqir (a.s) states: “Among the unpardonable sins is the saying of a person, “I wish that except for this sin which I have committed other sins had not been accountable.” [He considered this sin insignificant.] Wasa’il ul-Shia Vol. 11 page 247

Beware of the sin that are considered small and insignificant. Indeed, they are ones that shall be questioned by Allah and these (small sins) will be heaped upon the person till it (becomes a great sin and) destroys him.
Imam Sadiq (a.s) says:“Seek (Allah’s) refuge and save yourself from the sins that are considered small and insignificant.” The narrator asked: “Which of the sins are small?” Imam (a.s) said: “A person commits a sin and then says: How lucky would I have been if I had not any sin except this one. (Because) this sin is small and insignificant.”

One of the things that magnify a sin (make the smaller sin great) is that one feels good and is pleased after committing it. A necessary condition of faith in Allah (swt) and Qiyāma is repenting for ones sin, even though it may be small. As the Messenger of Allah, (swt) says: “One, whose good deeds please him and sins make him aggrieved is a believer.”Wasa’il ul-Shia, Vol. 11 page 266

Allah is High and Mighty, and disobedience to His commands and prohibitions is a great sin. It is related from Amir ul-Mu’minīn ‘Ali (a.s) that at the time of sinning do not consider the smallness of your sin but consider the greatness and Might of Allah Whose (law) command you are breaking.” Wasa’il ul-Shia Vol. 11 page 247

Just as regret and repentance erase the sin and cleanse the sinner in the same way feeling happy after committing a sin reinforces it.

The Messenger of Allah (swt) says: “One who is laughing (happy) while committing a sin will enter Hell weeping.” Wasa’il ul-Shia Vol. 11 page 240

He (swt) also said: “Four things regarding sins are more severe than the sin itself: considering the sin small, being proud of it, being happy about it, being persistent in it.” Mustadrak ul-Wasa’il
Informing others of one’s sins and relating about them to other people is a greater sin. Also announcing a sin is an insult to Allah (swt)’s command. The Messenger of Allah (swt) has said: “One who performs a good deed and keeps it a secret will be rewarded seventy times (than if he has announced it). And one who commits a sin and makes it public (due to shamelessness or ignorance of religious law) will be disgraced by Allah. (That is, he will not get the Tawfīq of repentance and he will remain deprived of Allah’s kindness and Mercy) but if he keeps it secret (due to shame) he will be forgiven.” al-Kāfi Vol. 1, page 428

Verily God loves the repentant, (The Holy Quran 2:222)

Allaahumma salle ala Muhammad wa Ale Muhammad al Aemma wal Mahdyeen wa salem tasleeman Katheera
S- L'Islam comme Religion ?

Salam, Le bien plutôt que le mal. S-11. Afin[…]

Salam, À ceux qui ne jurent que par le Coran… […]

A- Nom nouveau du Mahdi.

Salam, Le Coran et Al-Kawthar sont reliés. A-1[…]