The Fourth Covenant with Moses (PBUH)

A covenant is an agreement between God and Man. It is our story and it all began with the covenant of Adam (PBUH). There have been six previous covenants throughout the ages. Each has pointed to the best of all covenants, The Seventh Covenant.

Moderator: Shana

Shana

Moses (PBUH) is one of the greatest prophets to have walked on this earth, his legacy remains to this day. Revered in Islam as one of the Ul Al - Azm prophets, there are those who showed an extraordinary amount of patience, perseverance and absolute determination while facing God's trials and tribulation in life. Since his birth the life of Moses has been extraordinary and throughout his life he faced so much yet, he found his solace and companionship with God. He knew that for God was always with him ever watchful, patient and most loving.

mother of moses.jpeg
mother of moses.jpeg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

AS THEY ALL FALL DOWN Moses had witnessed so much corruption and injustice even before he was a prophet of God. When the punishment of God descended the people it was not merely just aimed at the Egyptians rather, it was aimed at those that claimed to have been the people of the book.

BROKEN BROKEN THE COVENANT OF THE ANCIENTS HAS BEEN BROKEN

We see in the Quran that some of the descendants of Abraham would be wrong-doers. And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [Allah] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [Allah] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." Quran 2:124

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pharaoh’s heart is unyielding; he refuses to let the people go. 15 Go to Pharaoh in the morning as he goes out to the river. Confront him on the bank of the Nile, and take in your hand the staff that was changed into a snake. 16 Then say to him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has sent me to say to you: Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the wilderness. But until now you have not listened. 17 This is what the Lord says: By this you will know that I am the Lord:

How many oppertunities was Pharaoh given? How many times did God send Moses to have Pharaoh free his people?

slave.jpeg
slave.jpeg (46.09 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

The Abrahamic covenant lasted until the children of Israel broke the covenant. In the Bible it is written about the Jews: "You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did. 52 Which of the prophets did your fathers fail to persecute? They even killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One. " -Acts 7:51
One such crime against a messenger which took place right before Bani Israel was punished with 400 years of slavery was that the brothers of Prophet Yusef sold him into slavery out of jealousy.

Sold.jpg
Sold.jpg (37.4 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

God uses Moses to take the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt "So God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob" (Exodus 2:24). After a series of ten plagues upon the land of Egypt, God brought the Israelites out "of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand" (Exodus 32:11).

10 plagues.jpg
10 plagues.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

- Punishment --
- 400 years of slavery in Egypt
- Many generations lost
- 10 Plagues
- (1) Blood
- (2) Frogs
- (3) Lice or Gnats
- (4) Flies
- (5) Death of Livestock
- (6) Boils (7) Hail
- (8) Locusts
- (9) Darkness
- (10) Death of Every Firstborn: The blood on the doorposts will be a sign to mark the houses in which you live. When I see the blood, I will pass over you and will not harm you when I punish the Egyptians. Exodus 12:13
- Covenant of the blood to the chosen people: The blood on the doorposts will be a sign to mark the houses in which you live. When I see the blood, I will pass over you and will not harm you when I punish the Egyptians. Exodus 12:13

THE NEW COVENANT

Three months after bringing them out, the Israelites camped at the base of Mount Sinai God promised to make a covenant with the Israelites

Moses.jpeg
Moses.jpeg (107.22 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

“Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said, “This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.” Exodus 19:3-6

"He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” And Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the covenant which the Lord has made with you according to all these words.” Exodus 24:4-8

The SYMBOL of the covenant was the SPRINKLING OF THE BLOOD

blood.jpeg
blood.jpeg (143.37 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

THINKING ABOUT IT: When Moses went to meet God for 40 days on Mount Sinai to receive the 10 commandments, his people WENT BACK TO worshipping a self-made idol (golden calf). That is something to really think about they saw his miricales and they saw the punishment that had befallen them but still they insisted in their old way of life. This is something that we are seeing today, in this day and age with Imam Ahmed Al Hassan (PBUH) People are witnessing each prophecy come to pass, but they have placed there fingers in their ears and do not listen. Do miracles guarantee that a nation will stay firm in faith? Those that believe are not in need of signs, rather the signs are there to waken the sleeping ones, to waken those that have lost sight of the reason for our existence. Believer's already believe and are not in need of the signs. It does not matter if the believer does not see the death of king Abdullah or he witnesses the rise of the comet planet because the signs are not for the believers, the believer has already accepted Imam Ahmed Al Hassan AS.

Imam Al-Hussein pbuh said, ﴾“My Lord, my return to the evidences obligates my distance from You, so take me to You by a favour that allows me to reach You. How can you be proven by that which in its existence lacks You? Do any of the apparent matters other than You possess that which You lack, so that they will be the ones to make You apparent? When were You ever absent so that You would need evidences to prove You? And when were You ever distant so that You were reached by the evidences? Blinded is the eye that does not see You as a Guardian. Lost is the trade of a servant that has not given him a share of Your love"}

NEW COVENANT

Tablets.jpeg
Tablets.jpeg (109.9 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

You shall not have any other gods beside me.
- You shall not carve idols for yourselves in the shape of anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; youshall not bow down before them or worship them.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Honor your father and mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male or female slave, nor his ox or ass, nor anything else that belongs to him.
- 613 laws mentioned in addition to 10 commandments
- Kept some things from covenant with Abraham:
- Circumcision - “On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised.” Leviticus
12:3

CHANGES IN THE LAW

- Don’t marry your father’s daughter - Leviticus 18:9 “The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she reborn at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.” What is really interesting here is that this is a direct change from the covenant of Abraham why? Because Abraham was married to his half sister Sarah, which was allowed at that time but in the covenant of Moses it was forbidden to do so. This helps us understand quite possibly why each religious sect is somewhat stuck in a previous covenant. To see the breaking of the previous covenant we begin to understand the law of God in this day and age.

New dietary laws - “You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud” Leviticus 11:3 No Pig, Camel, Coney or Rabbit At no time could a kid be boiled in its mother’s milk (Exodus 23:19; 34:26) Fish could be eaten if it had fins and scales. (Leviticus 11:9-12) Certain fowl were forbidden including birds of prey (Leviticus 11:13-19) How many times have the dietary element of the covenant changed? Again indicating that Gods Law moves with the generations and the mentality of the people.

Tithing - “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution.” Leviticus 27:30-33

SYMBOL OF THE NEW COVENANT

The Ark.jpeg
The Ark.jpeg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

Tablets, Ark of the covenant Passed down Solomon put it in the temple

THE RETURN OF MOSES: Moses has returned in this day and age and he is one of the Mahdis mentioned in the Holy Will of the Prophet (PBUH)
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala

Return to “The Seventh Covenant”