BOOK CLUB: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

In this forum we can discuss the books in our Alexandria Library section

Moderators: Shana, Urdu Moderator

Shana

]
As we continue our adventure together I introduce to you all the second book in our book club, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
ALCHAMIST.jpg
ALCHAMIST.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
The Alchemist follows the journey of an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago. Believing a recurring dream to be prophetic, he asks a Gypsy fortune teller in the nearby town about its meaning. The woman interprets the dream as a prophecy telling the boy that he will discover a treasure at the Egyptian pyramids.

It introduces the idea of a Personal Legend. Your Personal Legend "is what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone, when they are young, knows what their Personal Legend is."

Here is the link to the book:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=635

I am super excited in this book and can't wait to here your comments and thoughts!!!

HAPPY READING EVERYONE
[/align]
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala
Kevin

asSalamu aleikum wr Allah wb
This book and this author are usually frowned upon in these lands. He's the kind of author i thought i'd never get to read. But inshaAllah i will find the time to read it becase i trust you all.

--

Voy a poner el enlace a la edición en español en el hilo original para los hispanos que estén interesados, InshaAllah.
«Sé otro misterio: las escrituras serán dadas a los justos y a los sabios para comunicar alegría, rectitud y mucha sabiduría. Las escrituras les serán dadas, ellos creerán y se regocijarán en ellas» – Libro de Enoc.
Ananda

Once again a phenomenal little book that I enjoyed reading very much, and one I will take things from.

As an example Following your own 'personal legend' and having complete faith in the 'hand that wrote all' to guide you once you've submitted to its will and the beauty of only expecting good even in seemingly bad situations.

The book even gave a little shout out to Prophet Joesph peace and blessings be upon him and also the emerald tablets and Prophet Thoth peace and blessings be upon him, and spoke about alchemy in a way that we can apply to ourselves, to get from our base forms to something higher - something that we will accomplish inshallah.

Thanks again to the book club cant wait to read what is next inshallah!
BASIR AL-ALMAHDY

I like this book
Shana

This is one of those books that EVERYONE can relate to. It's about Me, You and every single person on this road.

“My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer,” the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.”

Are we not dreamers living a dream? True alchemy is not turning silver into gold rather it is the turning away from the carnal self to the higher self. Amazing read!
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala
Kevin

I hesitated a lot to finish this book. Finally did it today and i must say that this book is a treasure in a humble disguise. Even made me cry a little bit.
«Sé otro misterio: las escrituras serán dadas a los justos y a los sabios para comunicar alegría, rectitud y mucha sabiduría. Las escrituras les serán dadas, ellos creerán y se regocijarán en ellas» – Libro de Enoc.

Return to “The Book Club”