Book Club: "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah"

In this forum we can discuss the books in our Alexandria Library section

Moderators: Shana, Urdu Moderator

Shana

Assalam Alaykum WrWb Everyone.

Happy to see you all here and to begin our journey together.
I came across a book which reminded me of our path and the decisions we take in our lives.
I invite you to join me in our FIRST interactive book club. A place we can read and discuss books which really enlighten us and help us in our journey.
To kick start things we can read "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" it is available in our Great Library of Alexandria section. It is a small book so we can read it in 2 weeks and discuss as we go along here. We can share our thoughts, the way in which we can relate to the story and the lessons along the way, just simply reply to this post.
I really look forward to all your comments and thoughts, and can't wait to share this experience with you all.
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala
Shana

Just started this book " What if somebody came along who was really good at this, who could teach me how my world works and how to control it?" already i cant wait to continue.
Redman

Wow, I cannot wait to start reading the book, really looking forward to this. And the fact that the book club is now accessible to everyone is amazing. I’m excited about discussing the book with all of you
Sanaa

An amazing book choice to begin the club with!
Aba-AlSadiq

I have a special story with this book. It is definitely one of the best ...
Ardijan

I've heard some amazing things about this book.. I'm gonna start this now!
joan

Thank you!
I am also looking forward to read and discuss this book inshallah, God bless you all!! Really Amazing to have the book Club here
Ananda

Sooo... I've started reading the book i'm only 30 or so pages in and its drawn me in already, This is a short story in the opening which reminds me of our very own "Master from Indiana" and about letting go of who we are in order to become who we are meant to be... peace be upon our Father a.s
Noor Elhooda

Salem Alaykum dear family

Happy to join you here and be part of this, can't wait to go with you on this adventure.
Thank you dear Shana for choosing this book.
Shana

“He healed of their troubles and their many diseases”- This sentence alone made me reflect how many times Aba Al Sadiq (PBUH) would relieve me of my illnesses and not just illness but problems and worries. How many times I would I see with my eyes how he (PBUH) would fix the worries of the people.

“…His touch and the streets outside with those who longed only that the shadow of his passing might fall upon them, and change their lives”. Its interesting that this sentence is in the beginning of this book because if we have faith like Jesus (PBUH) mentioned in the parable of the bleeding woman because she had faith that the cloak of Jesus would cure her. Then imagine what the shadow of Aba Al Sadiq (PBUH) can do.

There is so much to reflect upon from the words of this book and it is just the beginning.
“And he said unto them, “within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and to poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not other’.
How many times have the Prophets, Messengers and the Ahlul Bayt (PBUT) mentioned that inside us is the entire universe?

“and current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more”. God is telling us let it go, just let it go! The past is done, tomorrow will worry about it self let it go and be here…be now JUST LET GO!
I don’t know what to say about this book as I continue to read it, but it is like a mirror that makes me really reflect, it has captivated my heart so much and I believe I found a treasure.

Return to “The Book Club”