(The Secret Supper - The Book of John the Evangelist)

This forum is for all 100 level students of Gnosticism and Esoteric Religion

Moderator: Shana

Aba-AlSadiq

Interrogatio Iohannis
(Titled in translation: The Secret Supper)
the-last-supper1.jpg
the-last-supper1.jpg (76.64 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
Based on: Walter L. Wakefield and Austin P. Evans
Heresies of the High Middle Ages (Columbia Univ. Press, 1991)
p. 458ff.

In the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

The questions of John, the apostle and evangelist, at a secret supper in the kingdom of heaven, about the governance of this world, about its ruler, and about Adam:
last_supper2.jpg
last_supper2.jpg (38.9 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
I, John, partner in tribulation so that I might be a partner in the kingdom of God, leaning on the breast of Jesus Christ our Lord at the supper, said to Him; "Lord, who shall betray Thee?" And the Lord said unto me: "He that shall have dipped his hand in the dish, into him shall Satan enter. He shall betray me."

I said, "Lord, before Satan fell, in what splendor did he attend the Father?" He said: "Among the virtues of heaven and at the throne of the Father invisible; he was regulator of all things and sat with my Father.' He [Satan] it was who presided over the virtues of the heavens and those who attended on the Father. His power descended from the heavens even unto hell, and arose even unto the throne of the Father invisible. He had wardship of those splendors which were above all the heavens. And he pondered, wishing to place his throne upon the clouds and to 'be like the Most High.'" When he had come down to lower air, he descried an angel seated upon the air, to whom he said, 'Open to me the portals of the air'; these the angels opened for him. And passing down, he descried an angel who guarded the waters, to whom he said, `Open to me the portals of the waters'; the angel opened them to him. And descending further, he found the whole earth covered with water; walking beneath this, he came upon two fish, lying upon the waters. These, indeed, were yoked together, and they bore up the whole earth at the bidding of the Father invisible. And passing down further still, he found great clouds holding the massed waters of the sea. And descending lower, he found his hell, which is the Gehenna of fire; but thereafter he was unable to go further down, because of the flame of the fire which was raging.

"Then Satan retraced his path, filling himself with evil plots. He ascended to the angel who was over the air and to the angel who was over the waters, and unto them said: 'All things are mine. If you hearken to me, I will place my throne over the clouds and I will be like the Most High." I will bear the waters up above this firmament and I will gather the other waters into wide seas." After that there shall not be water upon the face of the whole earth, and I shall reign with you forever and ever.' Thus he spoke to the angels. He ascended to the very heavens, even unto the third heaven, subverting the angels of the Father invisible, and saying to each of them, 'How much dost thou owe thy lord?' The first answered, 'A hundred barrels of oil.' He said to him, 'Take the bill and sit down and write fifty.' And he said to another, Now you, how much dost thou owe thy lord?' Who said, 'A hundred quarters of wheat.' To him he said, 'Take thy bill and sit down quickly and write eighty.' To the other heavens he ascended with like speech; he ascended even unto the fifth heaven, seducing the angels of the Father invisible.
Satan-marshalling-the-fallen-angels.jpg
Satan-marshalling-the-fallen-angels.jpg (166.07 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
"And a voice came from the throne of the Father, saying: 'What dost thou, O thou devoid of hope, subverting the angels of the Father? Contriver of sin, do quickly what thou hast planned.' Then the Father bade his angels, 'Take from all the angels who hearkened to him the garments, the thrones, and the crowns';" and these angels took the vestments, the thrones, and the crowns from all the angels who hearkened to him."
Paradise_Lost_1.jpg
Paradise_Lost_1.jpg (307.74 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
And once again I, John, questioned the Lord, saying, "When Satan fell, in what place did he dwell?" In answer He said to me: "Because of his self-exaltation, my Father decreed his transformation," withdrawing from him the light of His glory. The face of Satan was like an iron glowing from the fire, and the whole aspect of his countenance was like that of a man. . . . And he had seven tails with which he drew away the third part of the angels of God." He was cast out from before the throne of God and from the stewardship of heaven. Falling down from heaven, Satan could find no peace in this firmament, nor could those who were with him. And he besought the Father, saying: 'I have sinned. Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.' The Lord was moved with pity for him and gave him peace to do what he would until the seventh day."
b0ff1870b4b600c31060f898e8ad3655--fallen-angle-wolf-illustration.jpg
b0ff1870b4b600c31060f898e8ad3655--fallen-angle-wolf-illustration.jpg (72.68 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
"Then Satan took his seat above the firmament and gave command to the angel who was over the air and the angel who was over the waters, so that they raised two thirds of the waters high into the air. Of the remaining third they formed wide seas. The division of the waters was by command of the Father invisible. Again Satan bade the angel who was over the waters, 'Take a stand upon the two fish.' And the angel raised the earth upward with his head, and dry land appeared and was. . . . When he took a crown from the angel who was over the air, from half of it he made himself a throne; and when he took a crown from the angel who was over the waters, from half he made the light of the moon and from half the light of day. From precious stones he made fire, and from fire he made all the host of heaven and the stars, and from them he made angels, his ministering spirits, according to the plan of the Governor Most High. He also made thunder, rain, hail, and snow, and over these he set his ministering angels.

"He commanded the earth to bring forth all living things —animals, trees, and herbs. The sea he commanded to bring forth fish; and the air, birds of the heavens. And he pondered on making man to serve him; he took clay of the earth and made man like unto himself. And he then bade an angel of the second heaven to enter the body of clay. Of this body he took a part and made another body in the form of a woman" and bade an angel of the first heaven to enter into it. And the angels grieved deeply that they thus had a mortal form imposed upon them and that they now existed in different forms. And Satan bade them to perform the works of the flesh in their bodies of clay, but they did not know how to commit sin. The originator of sin accomplished his purpose by his seduction, in this way: He planted a paradise and set men therein and bade them not to eat of its fruits. The devil entered Paradise and planted a bed of reeds in the midst of Paradise; of his spittle he made a serpent and bade him remain in the reeds. Thus the devil concealed the knowledge of his deceit so that they would not perceive his treachery. He went in to them saying, 'Eat of all the fruit in Paradise, but of the fruit of good and evi1 eat not.' Thereafter the wicked devil, entering into the evil serpent, deceived the angel who was in the form of a woman and poured out upon her head a longing for sin," and Eve's desire was like a glowing oven. Forthwith, the devil in the form of the serpent came out of the reeds and sated his lust on her with the serpent's tail. That is why [the offspring] are called not sons of God but sons of the devil and sons of the serpent, fulfilling the diabolic desires of their father even unto the end of the world. After this, the devil poured out his longing upon the head of the angel who was in Adam; and [both angels] were affected by a lust for debauchery, together begetting children of the devil and of the serpent, until the consummation of the world."
Symbols-The-Creation-witha-the-Universe-and-the-Cosmic-Man.jpg
Symbols-The-Creation-witha-the-Universe-and-the-Cosmic-Man.jpg (178.1 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[4] After that I, John, questioned the Lord, saying, "Why do men say that Adam and Eve were made by God and placed in Paradise to keep His commandments, and that for transgression of the Father's commandment they were delivered up unto death?" The Lord said unto me: "Hear, John, most beloved. Men are foolish who speak thus, for my Father did not, in transgression (in praevaricatione) of His own law, shape bodies of clay, but by the Holy Spirit made [only] all the virtues of heaven. These, however, for their sins and by their fall are found possessing bodies of clay and are delivered up to death."
John-and-Jesus-in-Lazst-Supper-by-Plautilla-Nelli-750-px-500x331.jpg
John-and-Jesus-in-Lazst-Supper-by-Plautilla-Nelli-750-px-500x331.jpg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[5] And still I, John, questioned the Lord, saying, "Lord, how did man have spiritual origin in a carnal body?" And the Lord said to me: "By their fall spirits of heaven entered the female body of clay and took on flesh from the lusts of the flesh and took on [spirit at the same time]. . . . Spirit is born of spirit and flesh of flesh; and thus the reign of Satan ceases not in this world."

[6 ] And I questioned the Lord, saying, "For how long will Satan have dominion in this world over the essences of men?" And the Lord replied, "My Father will permit him to reign seven days, that is, seven ages."
paradise-lost-satan-in-council-engraving-by-gustave-dor.jpg
paradise-lost-satan-in-council-engraving-by-gustave-dor.jpg (504.68 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[7] Again I, John, questioned the Lord in this wise, "What will be the nature of this period [of seven ages]?" And He said to me: "From the time when the devil fell from the glory of the Father and desired his own glory, he took his seat among the clouds and sent forth his ministers, a searing fire, and ... in the land from Adam to Enoch. And he sent his minister to Enoch and translated him above the firmament and displayed to him his divine nature. He then commanded that he be given quill and ink. Seating himself, Enoch wrote seventy-six" books; these the devil bade him to take to earth. Enoch took the books and turned them over to his sons, and he taught them how to observe the form and place of sacrificial rites. This they did in such wise as to 'shut the kingdom of heaven against men.' ° And he [the devil] said to them, 'See you that I am god and there is no other god beside me.' Wherefore my Father sent me to this world to make manifest His name to men, that they might recognize the devil and his wickedness. But when Satan learned that I had come down to this world, he. sent his . gel to take Three pieces of wood These he gave to the prophet Moses for my crucifixion. This wood they have kept for me until the present. And he revealed to Moses his divinity and bade him give laws to the children of Israel and lead them, on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
e3520f4s9872c93d8ebd9b237eb4247d4.jpg
e3520f4s9872c93d8ebd9b237eb4247d4.jpg (67.56 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
"When my Father thought to send me to this earth, He sent before me His angel, she who is called Mary, my mother, that she might receive me through the Holy Spirit. And when I descended, I entered and came forth through her ear. Now Satan, the prince of this world, knew that I was come to seek and 'to save that which was lost'; and he sent his angel, the prophet Elijah, who baptized in water and was called John the Baptist." Now, Elijah asked the prince of this world how he might recognize me. And the devil said to him, 'Upon Whom thou shalt see the Holy Spirit descending as a dove, and remaining upon Him, He it is that baptizeth in the Holy Spirit and with fire.' John asked this because he did not know me, but the one who sent him to baptize in water, he revealed me. John himself gave testimony: 'I baptize in water unto penance, but He baptizes you with the Holy Spirit unto the remission of sins. He it is who is able to destroy and to save.' "
513998b14b36aee082a3025ae6f1d75b.jpg
513998b14b36aee082a3025ae6f1d75b.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 10623 times
[8] And again I, John, questioned the Lord, "Can man be saved through the baptism [of John?" He replied:] "Without my baptism, with which I baptize unto the remission of sins, I affirm that no one can receive salvation in God. For I am the bread of life that came down from the seventh heaven, wherefore whoso eats my flesh and drinks my blood, these shall be called the children of God."
gesu-e-giovanni-icona-e1522677261698.jpg
gesu-e-giovanni-icona-e1522677261698.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[9] I inquired of the Lord, "What is the meaning of your 'flesh' and your 'blood'?" To me the Lord answered: "Before the devil had fallen with all the angelic host of the Father, the angels in their prayers glorified my Father by repeating this prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven.' This chant ascended to the throne of the Father; but the angels from the time of their fall could no longer glorify God in this prayer."

[10] And again I asked the Lord, "How is it that the whole world received the baptism of John, but Thine is not accepted by all?" The Lord replied to me: "That is because their works are evil and they come not to the light. The followers of John marry and are given in marriage, whereas my disciples marry not at all but remain as the angels of God in the heavenly kingdom."

[11] Then I said to Him, "If it is a sin to have knowledge of women, is it then unwise to marry?" And the Lord replied: "All men take not this word, but they to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who were born so from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made so by men; and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven."
apocalypse-durer-pd.jpg
apocalypse-durer-pd.jpg (140.43 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[12] Afterward, I questioned the Lord about the Day of Judgment, "What shall be the sign of Thy coming?" In reply He said: "When the number of the just shall equal the number of those crowned [angels] who fell. Then shall Satan, raging mightily, be 'loosed out of his prison.' He shall war upon. the just, who shall cry out to the Lord their God; forthwith the Lord God shall command the archangel to sound his trumpet, and the voice of the archangel shall go forth from the heavens and be heard even unto the nether regions. Then 'the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from' heaven.' And there shall be loosed from their foundations the four great winds; the earth, the sea, the mountains, and the hills shall tremble together. Then shall be revealed the sign of the Son, and all tribes of earth shall mourn. Immediately the heaven shall tremble and be darkened, the sun shall shine until the ninth hour. Then shall the Son of man be shown forth in his glory, and all the saints and angels with Him; they shall place their seats above the clouds. And He shall sit upon the seat of His glory, with the twelve apostles upon their twelve seats of glory. The books shall be opened, and all the peoples of the earth shall be judged." 'Then shall the faith be proclaimed. Then shall the Son of man send forth His angels. They shall gather His elect from the heights even to the uttermost limits of the heavens and shall bring them, gathered into their fold, to me above the clouds, into the air." Then shall the Son of God send forth the evil demons and expel them in His wrath, together with all peoples (linguas) who believed in him [Satan] . . . who said, 'Let us eat, drink, and lay hold on the things of this world'; and let us see what manner of aid they shall have from those things. Forthwith all peoples shall stand in fear before the judgment [throne]. The two books shall be opened and they shall lay bare all peoples with their teaching; they shall glorify the just for their sufferings joined with good works. Glory and boundless honor shall be the reward of those who have cherished the angelic life; while the portion of the servants of iniquity shall be wrath, fury, distress, and displeasure. And the Son of man shall separate His just from the company of sinners and shall say to them, 'Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'; while to the sinful He shall say, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, which was prepared for the devil and his angels.' Others shall witness the final division and 'the wicked shall be turned into hell.' By the indulgence of my Father the unbelieving spirits shall at length withdraw from prison; 'they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold and one shepherd.'

"Then, by permission of my Father, gloomy darkness shall spread over the lower regions of the earth and a hell of fire shall burn all the land from its lowest depths even unto the air of the firmament." And the Lord shall be [supreme] in the firmament even unto the nether regions of the earth. Should a man of thirty years pick up a stone and let it drop, it would scarcely strike the bottom within the space of three years, so great is the depth of the pool of fire wherein dwell the sinners. Then Satan shall be bound and all his host, and he shall be cast into the pool of fire. The Son of God, with his elect, shall walk above the firmament; and He shall shut up the devil, binding him with unbreakable bonds, with sinners weeping, wailing, and crying out 'Swallow us up, land, hide us within thyself.' Then shall the just shine as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. And Jesus shall lead them before the throne of the Father invisible and shall say to the Father, 'Behold, I and my children, whom God hath given me. Just Father, the world hath not known Thee, but I have known Thee in truth because Thou hast sent me.' And then the Father will reply to His Son, saying, 'My beloved Son, sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool -- thy enemies, who have denied me and said, "We are gods, and there is no other god beside us"; who killed your prophets and persecuted your just. You shall persecute them in the exterior darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

"And then the Son of God shall sit on the right hand of his Father, and the Father shall command His angels that they minister unto them [the just]; and He shall place them in the choir of angels and clothe them in imperishable raiment; and He shall give them crowns never fading and seats unmoving. And God shall be in their midst. 'They shall no more hunger nor thirst; neither shall the sun fall on them, nor any heat. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' And [the Son] shall reign with his Holy Father, and his reign shall endure forevermore."
57294506a170c0d8b9516fde13be667c.jpg
57294506a170c0d8b9516fde13be667c.jpg (273.49 KiB) Viewed 10623 times
[Endnote added to manuscript:]

This is the Secret of the heretics of Concorrezzo, brought from Bulgaria by Nazarials, their bishop. It is full of errors.

Archive Notes

The Interrogatio Iohannis (The Questions of John) is one of the most important extant Cathar Scriptures and a major addition to the known Johannine literature. It is titled from the first words (incipit) of its text -- the complete Latin title is: "Interrogatio Iohannis apostoli et evangelistae in cena secreta regni coelorum de ordinatione mundi istius et de principe et de Adam." It has been variably titled in translations as "The Book of John the Evangelist" and "The Secret Supper" (Cena Secreta).

This scripture preserves a work from the Johannine tradition (the tradition of John the Beloved), a work with possible first source in an early period of Classical Gnosticism -- though the surviving versions certainly suggest an evolution during the centuries of transmission. It should not be dismissed as simply a "Cathar or Bogomil production" of medieval times (as M. R. James suggested in introduction to his 1924 translation, below). There are many core elements in the text that witness relationship with other surviving writings from the classical Christian Gnostic tradtion -- for example, compare it with the Acts of John.

Two versions of the text have survived: one was discovered in the archives of the Inquisition kept at the French town of Carcassonne in Languedoc, the other is found in the National Library of Vienna. The considerable differences between the two manuscripts indicate a long and independent manuscript history, probably reaching back centuries to an original edition.

According to an annotation in the Carcassone text, this is a Latin translation of an earlier manuscript brought to Italy (probably around 1190) from Bulgaria by Nazario, bishop of the Cathar community of Concorezzo (now the province of Monza and Brianza). From there it passed into Languedoc, arriving before 1209, the beginning year of the persecution of the Cathars of France by Pope Innocent III. The the original language of the Interrogatio Johannis was probably Slavonic or Greek.

It was first published in the seventeenth century by I. Benoist in his 1691 book, "Histoire et des Vaudois ou des Albigeois Barbets". It was analyzed in 1832 by J. K. Thilo in his "Codex apocryphus Novi Testaments," and again in 1929 by R. Reitzenstein in his "Die Vorgeschichte der christlichen Taufe". In 1924 it was translated by M. R. James in his classic work, The Apocryphal New Testament.
Tiffany

Subhanallah. This gospel sheds so much light on the reality of our existence.

"(6 ) And I questioned the Lord, saying, "For how long will Satan have dominion in this world over the essences of men?" And the Lord replied, "My Father will permit him to reign seven days, that is, seven ages."

Could this be a reference to the 7 covenants?
Aba-AlSadiq

Tiffany wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 pm

"(6 ) And I questioned the Lord, saying, "For how long will Satan have dominion in this world over the essences of men?" And the Lord replied, "My Father will permit him to reign seven days, that is, seven ages."

Very interesting isn't it...7 ages, 7 covenants...

Also may I point out that it says : "Falling down from heaven, Satan could find no peace in this firmament, nor could those who were with him. And he besought the Father, saying: 'I have sinned. Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.' The Lord was moved with pity for him and gave him peace to do what he would until the seventh day."

Which is exactly the same as it is written in the Qur'an...

"[ Allah ] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased."
[Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."
[ Allah ] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved."

- Surah 7

And in

[ Allah ] said, O Iblees, what is [the matter] with you that you are not with those who prostrate?"
He said, "Never would I prostrate to a human whom You created out of clay from an altered black mud."
[ Allah ] said, "Then get out of it, for indeed, you are expelled.
And indeed, upon you is the curse until the Day of Recompense."
He said,"My Lord, then reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."
[ Allah ] said, "So indeed, you are of those reprieved
Until the Day of the time well-known."

And we know from the hadiths of the Ahlul Bayt as that the Day of the time well known is the day of the rise of the Qaim as

And the day of the rise of the Qaim as is the seventh day where the seventh covenant is established...
Korddad

Subhanallah I love this Gnostic. And this what make me think as well what is the meaning when Jesus said that Satan sent Elijah or Send three woods for the preparation of Jesus Crucifixion and same with case that Satan made Enoch wrote 76 books. And the interesting thing here is that Satan made the angels entered the bodies of clay that he created which is Adam and Eve and used the lust of the body to made Adam and Eve sin.
Korddad

And this verse what fascinating me

Forthwith, the devil in the form of the serpent came out of the reeds and sated his lust on her with the serpent's tail. That is why [the offspring] are called not sons of God but sons of the devil and sons of the serpent, fulfilling the diabolic desires of their father even unto the end of the world. After this, the devil poured out his longing upon the head of the angel who was in Adam; and [both angels] were affected by a lust for debauchery, together begetting children of the devil and of the serpent, until the consummation of the world."

Could it be that what it meant above not the sons of God but the sons of Devils here refer to the begetting children which are the bodies not the soul?
Joshua

The part about satan being chained after the time of Christ is interesting too, it reminds me of this sunni Hadith:

It was narrated that Faatimah bint Qays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said:

I heard the voice of the caller, the caller of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), saying: Al-salaatu jaami’ah (prayer is about to begin), so I went out to the mosque and I prayed with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). I was in the women’s row that was closest to the people. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had finished his prayer, he sat on the minbar and he was smiling. He said: “Let each person stay in the place where he just prayed.” Then he said: “Do you know why I called you together?”

They said: Allaah and His Messenger know best. He said:

He said: “By Allah, I did not call you together for an exhortation or for a warning. I have called you together because Tameem al-Daari was a Christian and he came and swore allegiance and became Muslim, and told me something which agrees with what I was telling you about the Dajjaal (false messiah). He told me that he sailed in a ship with thirty men of Lakhm and Judhaam and they were tossed by the waves of the sea for a month. Then they came to an island at sunset. They sat in a small rowing-boat and landed on that island. They were met by a beast with a great deal of hair and they could not distinguish his face from his back because he was so hairy. They said: ‘Woe to you, what are you?’ It said: ‘I am al-Jassaasah.’ They said: ‘What is al-Jassaasah?’ It said: ‘O people, go to this man in the monastery for he keen to know about you.’ He (the narrator) said: When it named a man for us we were afraid of it lest it be a devil. Then we set off, rushing, until we came to that monastery, where we found the hugest man we had ever seen, bound strongly in chains with his hands tied to his neck and his legs bound from the knees to the ankles with iron shackles. We said: ‘Woe to you, who are you?’ He said: ‘You will soon find out about me; tell me who you are.’ They said: ‘We are people from Arabia who embarked on a ship, but the sea became wild and the waves tossed us about for one month, then they brought us to this island of yours. We took to the rowing-boats and landed on this island. We were met by a beast with a great deal of hair and we could not tell his front from his back because he was so hairy. We said: Woe to you, what are you? It said: I am al-Jassaasah. We said: What is al-Jassaasah? It said: Go to this man in the monastery for he is keen to know about you. So we came rushing to you and we fled from it because we could not be sure that it was not a devil.’ He (that chained person) said: ‘Tell me about the date-palm trees of Baysaan.’ We said: ‘What do you want to know about them?’ He said: ‘I am asking you whether these trees bear fruit.’ We said: ‘Yes.’ He said: ‘Soon they will not bear fruit.’ He said: ‘Tell me about the lake of Tabariyyah’ We said: ‘What do you want to know about it?’ He said: ‘Is there water in it?’ They said: ‘There is a great deal of water in it.’ He said: ‘Soon it will dry up.’ Then he said: ‘Tell me about the spring of Zughar (which is in the south of Syria).’ They said: ‘What do you want to know about it?’ He said: ‘Is there water in the spring and do the people grow crops with the water of the spring?’ We said to him: ‘Yes, there is plenty of water in it and the people grow crops with its water.’ He said: ‘Tell me about the Prophet if the unlettered; what has he done?’ We said: ‘He has left Makkah and has settled in Yathrib (Madeenah).’ He said: ‘Do the Arabs fight against him?’ We said: ‘Yes.’ He said: ‘How did he deal with them?’ We told him that he had prevailed over the Arabs in his vicinity and they had shown obedience to him. He said to us: ‘Has it really happened?’ We said: ‘Yes.’ He said: ‘If it is so that is better for them that they show obedience to him. Now I will tell you about myself. I am the Dajjaal and soon I will be given permission to emerge. So I will come out and travel in the land, and will not spare any town but I will stay for forty nights, except Makkah and Taybah (Madeenah). They are both forbidden to me; every time I try to enter one of them, I will be met by an angel with a sword in his hand, who will bar my way, and on every route there will be angels guarding it.’ She said: Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) struck the minbar with his staff and said: “This is Taybah, this is Taybah, this is Taybah,” meaning Madeenah. “Did I net tell you this before?” The people said: Yes. [The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:] “I liked the story of Tameem because it agrees with what I used to tell you about him and about Makkah and Madeenah. But he is in the Syrian Sea (Mediterranean) or the Yemeni Sea (Arabian Sea). No, rather he is in the east, he in the east, he is in the east,” and he pointed towards the east with his hand. She said: I memorized this from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (2942)
“Nibbling is useless. He alone who becomes mad with an idea sees the light.”
— Prophet Mani
Hameedah

From the book of Monotheism Imam Ahmed Al Hasan (pbuh) said:

And the one who comes in shadows of clouds is Muhammad (PBUH & his Family) (Allah in Creation) in The Raja’a World (The World of The Return) with a spear of Light in his hand, so he kills Iblis (may Allah curse him), for Allah is too High and too Exalted to come and go and leave and move, because these are the attributes of the Creation.

Abdul Kareem ibn Amr narrates that he heard Aba Abdullah (PBUH) saying: (Verily Iblis said: grant me respite until the day of Resurrection, so Allah refused his request, and He said: Indeed, you are of those reprieved until the day of the appointed time. So if the day of the appointed time comes, Iblis shall appear in all of his followers, from the time that Allah created Adam until the day of the appointed time, and it is the last round which the Prince of the Believers (PBUH) enters). So I said: And is it rounds? He (PBUH) said: Yes, indeed it is rounds and rounds, and there is not an Imam in a century except that enters with him the pious and transgressor in his time, until Allah purifies the believer from the disbeliever. So if it is the day of the appointed time the Prince of the Believers will return in his companions and Iblis shall come in his companions, and their appointed time will be in a land from the lands of Euphrates close to your Kufa , then they shall fight a great fight which nothing like it has ever been fought since Allah The Almighty has created the worlds. So it is as if I am looking at the companions of Ali The Prince of the Believers (PBUH) and they are returning backwards 100 feet, it is as if I am looking at them and some of their feet have fallen in the Euphrates, and at that time The Most Powerful The Almighty shall descend {In shadows of clouds and the angels, and the matter has been ordained}. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH & his Family) shall have in his hand a spear from Light. If Iblis looks at him, he returns backwards retracing, so his companions will say to him: Where do you run while you have won, and he will say: Verily I see what you do not see, Verily I fear Allah, Lord of the worlds. So the Prophet (PBUH & his Family) shall follow him then stab him one stab between his shoulders, and it will be his destruction and that of all of his followers. And at that time Allah The Almighty shall be worshiped and He shall have nothing associated with him, and the Prince of the Believers (PBUH) shall rule for 44,000 years, until the man from the followers of Ali (PBUH) gives birth to a 1000 males from his loins, and at that time the two gardens shall appear at Masjid of Kufa and what is around it, by the will of Allah) – Mukhtassar Basa’ir Al-Daragat: page 27.

So the narration clarifies in all clarity that the descending and coming down and coming of Muhammad is the descending of Allah (swt), too Great is He to come and descend. For what is meant from His (SWT) words: {Do they wait until Allah comes to them in shadows of clouds and the angels, and the matter has been ordained, And to Allah [all] matters are returned}, is, are they waiting till Muhammad (PBUH & his Family) the shaded with the clouds comes to them? For the sign is Muhammad (PBUH & his Family), and the Family of Muhammad (PBUT), and from them is the Prince of the Believers Ali (PBUH), and the Qa’im (The Riser) (PBUH).
And since the vapor/shadow or clouds or smoke is a sign of the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (PBUH & his Family), and since it is a sign that accompanies the first Mahdi and the Qai’m (The Riser) of the Family of Muhammad or the World Savior, not only does he exist in the Qur’an, but rather, he exists in all religions that preceded, and the previous prophets gave glad tidings concerning him, and there are a lot of proofs about him in the Torah and the Gospel.

End Quote*

And as it has been revealed to us, the seventh covenant is the last covenant indicating that the seventh age of satans reign has reached its last stage.

What is the Seventh Covenant?
If the Abrahamic faiths could be described in a single word, that word would be 'covenant.' A covenant is a contract between God and mankind. Throughout history, man has entered into six distinct covenants with God, tracing all the way back to the very first man, Adam. God extended his blessing to Adam but when Adam sinned, he breached the terms of the covenant with God. Therefore he was banished from paradise and cast down to earth. Adam repented and God re-established the covenant with him and his descendants. The people remained upon that covenant until the time of Noah when, once again, the covenant was broken by the people's wicked deeds. As with Adam, man's broken promise to God resulted in a punishment. A catastrophic flood destroyed the earth and all of mankind aside from the family of Noah, the only person who upheld God's commands. God made a second covenant with Noah and his descendants. The same cycle of covenant, punishment, new covenant repeated as new covenants were established with Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. The last of these covenants has been broken. The punishment has already begun to reign down. And now humanity stands on the precipice of a great event - the establishment of the seventh and final covenant between God and mankind.

Imam Ahmed Al Hasan (pbuh), the vicegerent and successor of Imam Al Mahdi (pbuh), has come with the seventh covenant, the greatest covenant of all. Like Noah's ark, the Ahmadi Religion of Peace and Light is the raft of salvation amidst the storm which lies ahead.

Reaveled to us by Imam Ahmed Al Hasan (pbuh) and his beloved son Aba Sadiq (pbuh).
In God alone , is therefore, Good, or rather Good is God Himself.

~ Hermes
disciple

Subhana'Allah Alhamdulilah Allahu Akbar

still grasping it :roll: :idea: . I was listening a lot of Gnostic Bible by Marvin Meyer, but got lost in all the different interpretations of the Lost Gospels and other literature in it. Thank you for laying it down in a coherent and understandable way.
There in no might or power except God the Allmighty
AdamSterling

Little by little the tapestry being seen together is so amazing to behold. Thank you
Allahuma salli ala Muhammad wa ahle Muhammad al aimma Wal mahdieen Salim tasleema
Muhammed Emin

AdamSterling wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:22 am
Little by little the tapestry being seen together is so amazing to behold. Thank you
Tiffany wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Return to “Intro to Gnosis - Level 100”