The Second Covenant with Noah (PBUH)

A covenant is an agreement between God and Man. It is our story and it all began with the covenant of Adam (PBUH). There have been six previous covenants throughout the ages. Each has pointed to the best of all covenants, The Seventh Covenant.

Moderator: Shana

Shana

By the time of Noah (PBUH), humanity had BROKEN THE COVENANT. All people after Adam were subject to Adam's covenant. But again by the time of Noah again the covenant was broken — except for Noah and his family. When a covenant is broken a punishment is imminent.

“The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil ALL the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.”Genesis 6:5-8

“Now the Earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth” Genesis 6:11-13

flood.jpeg
flood.jpeg (381.85 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

God tells Noah to begin constructing an ARK "Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood; make rooms in the ark and coat it with pitch inside and out". Genesis 6:14

ark.jpeg
ark.jpeg (354.08 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

Let us just PAUSE here for a moment and contemplate over the situation of Noah. He is surrounded by people who have become negligent of the laws of God. People all around him have gone astray. No matter what he is saying to them a majority of the people just dont want to take heed. For over 900 years Noah preached to the people.

noah.jpg
noah.jpg (157.19 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

So why the delay of Noah a.s. specifically? How was the delay of Noah a.s.?

Let’s look at the Hadith, and I will only quote the parts which we need because it is a long Hadith, and you can refer to the entire Hadith in Ghaybat Al-Toosi page 167, and Bihar Al-Anwar by Al-Majlisi volume 51 page 219.

AlMufaddal narrated that Abi Abdillah a.s. said:
“I looked this morning in the book of al-Jifr which contains the knowledge of the afflictions and deaths, and the knowledge of what was and what will be until the day of Resurrection, which Allah - sanctified is His name - made special for Muhammad and the Imams after him a.s., and I have pondered in it over the birth of our Qa’im a.s. and his absence and his delay and his long life…”

Until he a.s. said:
“...Indeed Allah swt made three things upon our Qa’im, which are things He made upon three of the Messengers; He ordained his birth like the ordainment of the birth of Moses a.s., and He ordained his absence like the ordainment of the absence of Jesus a.s., and he ordained his delay like the ordainment of the delay of Noah a.s…”

Until he a.s. said:
“..As for the delay of Noah a.s, that is that when Noah asked for a punishment from the Heavens, Allah sent to him Gabriel a.s., and Gabriel had seven seeds. So he said: “O Prophet of Allah, verily Allah - sanctified is His name - says to you: Verily these are my creations and servants, I will not destroy them with a torment from my torments, except after emphasizing the Da’wa and setting the proof, so resume exerting efforts in the Da’wa to your people, for indeed I will reward you for it, and plant this seed, for the relief and rescue for you is in planting it and in it growing and the emergence of its fruits. And give glad tidings of that to the believers who follow you”.

plant.jpeg
plant.jpeg (16.11 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

So when the tree brought out its fruits and was strong and branches of fruits came out of it, and that was after a long time, he a.s. asked Allah for the fulfillment of the time, so Allah the Almighty commanded him to plant from the seeds of these trees, and to resume patience and exerting efforts and to emphasize the proof upon his people.

So Noah a.s. informed the groups which believed in him, so 300 men apostated and said: “If Noah was truthful then no change would have occurred in his promise!!”

Then Allah swt continued to command him to plant seeds every time the trees would grow and bring out their fruits, time after time, until this happened seven times. And in every time a group after the other would apostate. Until only seventy something men remained. So at this time Allah the Almighty inspired to Noah a.s. and said: “Now the morning has uncovered the night for your eyes, when the truth made clear the pure, and the matter for faith became clear from all dirtiness by the apostasy of everyone whose clay was evil…” Until the end of the Hadith.

As the seasons came and went so too did those that claim to have followed him.

What i thought was really interesting was this:
"O thou foolish shepherd, now thou speakest to Me. Thou didst not so when I addressed kind words to thee, saying: 'I saw thee as a righteous man and perfect in thy generation, and I will bring the flood upon the earth to destroy all flesh. Make an ark for thyself of gopher wood.' Thus spake I to thee, telling thee all these circumstances, that thou mightest entreat mercy for the earth. But thou, as soon as thou didst hear that thou wouldst be rescued in the ark, thou didst not concern thyself about the ruin that would strike the earth. Thou didst but build an ark for thyself, in which thou wast saved. Now that the earth is wasted, thou openest thy mouth to supplicate and pray." The Legends of the Jews 1:4

NEW COVENANT LAWS

Have Kids - “Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.” Genesis 9:1

children.jpeg
children.jpeg (16.46 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

Eat Plants and Animals - “Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.” Genesis 9:3 - Don’t eat meat with blood in it - “But flesh with the blood thereof shall ye not eat” Genesis 9:4

eat and drink.jpeg
eat and drink.jpeg (7.09 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

- Don’t kill - “I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.” Genesis 9:5 Whoever kills, must be killed - “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.” Genesis 9:6 This is a direct change from the Sharia/covenant of Adam. When Cain killed he was just banished he was not killed.

eye for an eye.jpeg
eye for an eye.jpeg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

SO HOW DID GOD SYMBOLIZE THE NEW COVENANT WITH NOAH?

“Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you, the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” - Genesis 9:8-17

Symbolized by a rainbow - sign of the covenant between Noah and his people, It was only after finding out this I realised that most of the pictures of Noah and the Ark had a rainbow behind them!!!
Attachments
rainbo.jpg
rainbo.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3309 times
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala

Return to “The Seventh Covenant”