This room deals with topics and threads relating to religion and/or Spiritual beliefs
By AliceInNoMansLand
Since we have learned so much from 1st and 2nd semester, there has been an unprecedented attack against Muslim youth and their hearts and minds. How do you suggest we help take back our youth from the ugly culture of facebook, pop music and culture, myspace, and stupid youtube videos of girls staring at cameras with blank expressions.
By TheManofReal
Abdullah Hashem wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfwUWFRwBY[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I often wonder about that question too AliceinNomansland. I think the answer may lie in how did we lose the youth in the first place?
By AliceInNoMansLand
TheManofReal wrote:
Abdullah Hashem wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfwUWFRwBY[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I often wonder about that question too AliceinNomansland. I think the answer may lie in how did we lose the youth in the first place?

I guess we can blame that on several factors....shaytan has always been at war against us since the time of Adam AS and Hawa RA, so the rules are clearly set in the Qu'ran, and the original Bible and the original Torah as to how to defeat him and his old tactics. I think we can blame ourselves after that. First, there has always been plots against women since shaytan first affected Eve (RA) by disobeying the order of Allah swt. And 2nd semester mentions how they have constantly been studying ways of manipulating mind control, particularly females.

And once you negatively affect women, then women are more likely to introduce these same mind control tactics and devices into their home--to go on to impact the children at a very young age. Then the man of the house/father is influenced and grows apathetic towards raising upright children alongside his wife/the mother of his kids. Or he starts having a very warped view of what masculinity is, and that being accompanied by the images of feminine looking men on TV without beards and a sense of responsibility.

Then they start to complain about their children going out of control--when the damage has been done.

what do you think? that's what I'm seeing in my own home and community around me...it's a very common story in Muslim households everywhere. But most people will deny this...so no elimination of the negative influences within the home are made.
By TheManofReal
AliceInNoMansLand wrote:what do you think? that's what I'm seeing in my own home and community around me...it's a very common story in Muslim households everywhere. But most people will deny this...so no elimination of the negative influences within the home are made.

I'm going to go on a rant so forgive me. I think we all are to blame. I'm a revert/convert. I live in the USA. So we are raised on feces pretty much here. I told my wife 99.8% of whats on TV has nothing to do with who we are. There is no God mentioned and if it there is mention of God....it is not from Islamic understanding....it is from christian....and usually not those who seek God but more so from hypocrits. So if a person becomes a believer we SEE that it is ALLAH alone that guides a person to faith.

So when it comes to people who were born muslim. With their children being lead astray...I realize in my heart that ALLAH alone guides and leads straying whom He pleases...however in this world of manifestations...I ask...how many doors were opened that lead to darkness. I used to help run a youth halaqa so I have an idea. This dark culture was allowed in too many places....OR the TRUE LIGHT of ISLAM wasn't in the home to begin with. Just outward appearances mixed in with cultural practices that is a false image of Islam. A child can smell hypocrisy a mild away.

I really don't know the how to turn a child in that last instance around. We had fun at our halaqas....played basketball and other things....making islam fun to the youth....not the youth i am talking about were from the age of 11 to about 15. So they weren't really that far off when it came to straying. Alhamdulillah. Public schools and things like rap/punk music were a means of there straying. One word really MUST be a part of the equation tho...LOVE....LOVE and more....LOVE. Not this outward legalistic approach that is often used with the deen. A lot of the brothers now in college and beyond have told me how much they appreciated the halaqas. Having a healthy alternative with positive people is a start. Instead of playing basketball with guys who curse, drink, and smoke weed on the side....playing ball with those who remember ALLAH and those who you pray next to. Speaking of which its time for salaat.. :lol: ...let me know what you think.
By AliceInNoMansLand
TheManofReal wrote:
AliceInNoMansLand wrote:what do you think? that's what I'm seeing in my own home and community around me...it's a very common story in Muslim households everywhere. But most people will deny this...so no elimination of the negative influences within the home are made.

I'm going to go on a rant so forgive me. I think we all are to blame. I'm a revert/convert. I live in the USA. So we are raised on feces pretty much here. I told my wife 99.8% of whats on TV has nothing to do with who we are. There is no God mentioned and if it there is mention of God....it is not from Islamic understanding....it is from christian....and usually not those who seek God but more so from hypocrits. So if a person becomes a believer we SEE that it is ALLAH alone that guides a person to faith.

So when it comes to people who were born muslim. With their children being lead astray...I realize in my heart that ALLAH alone guides and leads straying whom He pleases...however in this world of manifestations...I ask...how many doors were opened that lead to darkness. I used to help run a youth halaqa so I have an idea. This dark culture was allowed in too many places....OR the TRUE LIGHT of ISLAM wasn't in the home to begin with. Just outward appearances mixed in with cultural practices that is a false image of Islam. A child can smell hypocrisy a mild away.

I really don't know the how to turn a child in that last instance around. We had fun at our halaqas....played basketball and other things....making islam fun to the youth....not the youth i am talking about were from the age of 11 to about 15. So they weren't really that far off when it came to straying. Alhamdulillah. Public schools and things like rap/punk music were a means of there straying. One word really MUST be a part of the equation tho...LOVE....LOVE and more....LOVE. Not this outward legalistic approach that is often used with the deen. A lot of the brothers now in college and beyond have told me how much they appreciated the halaqas. Having a healthy alternative with positive people is a start. Instead of playing basketball with guys who curse, drink, and smoke weed on the side....playing ball with those who remember ALLAH and those who you pray next to. Speaking of which its time for salaat.. :lol: ...let me know what you think.

That is an excellent idea. To use halaqas as a means of engaging them...so many people think of halaqas as being like a classroom or a study session, but I think that concept of engaging in other activities in addition to learning is great. Was it sponsored by the masjid?
By TheManofReal
AliceInNoMansLand wrote:That is an excellent idea. To use halaqas as a means of engaging them...so many people think of halaqas as being like a classroom or a study session, but I think that concept of engaging in other activities in addition to learning is great. Was it sponsored by the masjid?

Yes it was sponsored by the masjid. The activities were good but a very good feature was allowing them to speak their minds. I've seen a lot of time the setup of teacher/student. While we did have some with more knowledge than others we kept it in an open format. Everyone got a chance to input.....even tho some didn't input. Still it made it very engaging and they felt a part of it rather than just being "programmed" with information.
By Thelitesoul
desertrose wrote:
Thelitesoul wrote:Nope...Not on an open board sorry :D :mrgreen:

hmm yea ur right. silly me. lol. im sorry.

Okay nobody needs to be sorry here :D it's okay :D loooooool

گنج های طالقان شعارشان احمد احمد https:[…]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم والحمد لله رب العالمین[…]

A- Nom nouveau du Mahdi.

Salam, Nom mystérieux du Mahdi. A-1. Ce post[…]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والحمد لله رب العالمين ال[…]

Donate to the Imam a.s